Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Endless Star Wars Mod First Release!

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Apr 28, 2013, 5:00:17 PM
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away… ENDLESS STAR WARS! Control a galaxy of endless possibilities with the gameplay mechanics of Endless Space!

The first version has all the planets from the previous Star Wars strategy games, which are, Star Wars: Rebellion, Star Wars: Force Commander, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, Star Wars: Empire at War, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2, and Star Wars: The Old Republic. That is a total of 261 Star Wars locals!

In the next release, which will be out very soon, it will include factions!

Download for Mac & PC here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tqq4daow5y92ole/Endless%20Star%20Wars%20Mod.zip

Alternate Download link for Mac & PC: http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/endlessspace/mod/49601.html

More information can be found here: http://mgbe.wordpress.com/epsilon-actual/endless-star-wars/
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 28, 2013, 9:06:26 PM
Nice mod. It's fun to see familiar systems like Mandalore, Kashykk and Telos. smiley: smile Keep up the good work smiley: approval
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 2, 2013, 9:51:06 AM
Well, it's a simple modification so far, but also fun. Because of the game's random generation of systems, when I discovered Manaan it was full of lava planets oO', so I terraformed it so the system contained one huge ocean planet. Also, Coruscant was located pretty far away from the galactic core. So that's kind of a disappointing limitation of this game's engine on the mod. Is it impossible to somehow assign the planet names to specific worlds, and give those worlds specific conditions? Maybe with a seed value and/or a custom galaxy shape?
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 2, 2013, 12:07:37 PM
Sechrima wrote:
Well, it's a simple modification so far, but also fun. Because of the game's random generation of systems, when I discovered Manaan it was full of lava planets oO', so I terraformed it so the system contained one huge ocean planet. Also, Coruscant was located pretty far away from the galactic core. So that's kind of a disappointing limitation of this game's engine on the mod. Is it impossible to somehow assign the planet names to specific worlds, and give those worlds specific conditions? Maybe with a seed value and/or a custom galaxy shape?

One of the file in the galaxy generator allow you to set your galaxy to what you want. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way to set the generator to assign planet names to specific planet types. Maybe something the devs can add eventually.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 3, 2013, 4:39:47 PM
It is possible to have planets be in sectors and groups and assign names to specific world types. I have found the file, but because I have a total of 261 planets in it, it will take a while to input. While that is on my list of to-dos, I am first working on a few factions, as I am sure people want to try out a faction in this game.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 3, 2013, 6:28:38 PM
That's great news, and I agree it would be nice to have access to some Star Wars factions soon. I've made my own custom faction, the Chiss Ascendancy, but I was a bit disappointed that the old Isolationists trait has been removed from the game in the latest version. It would have suited the Chiss perfectly. Perhaps you could consider putting it back into the game with your mod. You'll probably need a bunch of original new traits to reflect aspects of the Force, anyway.

Also, I was thinking... the Star Wars galaxy is a five-armed spiral. Perhaps you could add the option of selecting a five-armed spiral to the mod. I know it's possible, since the Alternativ Galaxy Generator mod allows it.

Oh, and another idea that occurred to me: I think it would be possible to create a very close approximation of the Star Wars galaxy using the ESMapEditor. It would just be a save file, but you could include it in the mod so that anyone who wants to load up in a galaxy that is very close to the real Star Wars galaxy could do so. Of course, you'd need to make separate save files for each faction, but I think it would be a good idea for anyone who wants a true Star Wars experience. This way, all planets would be where they are meant to be, named properly, with the correct world types, anomalies, etc.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment