Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Imperium Aeterna + Fair fight

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
May 22, 2013, 1:28:19 PM
I loved both of these mods and I felt like they needed each other smiley: smile

I take no credit in this at all. All I did was cut and paste where I thought everything needed to be. Credit and thanks to eviltactition and foraven as well as the others that participated in the mods conception.

I think I might have a small problem with the (weapon/Defense)modular files from both I think they might conflict or something if anyone wants to go over what I put together and see what I might have missed? thanks. Imperium uses the IADefenseModular xml file while the fair fight used DefenseModular xml file (same for the weapon) do I need both for the mod to work? or can I combine or eliminate one or the other? or does it matter? I can play a full game without crashes or anything and things seem to work but who knows what mistakes I made lol.

*note the trait costs are set really low as I was testing.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 22, 2013, 2:28:56 PM
Might need to rebalance the orbital entrenchments to be more balanced.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 22, 2013, 2:30:28 PM
I haven't checked how Imperium Aeterna has been made, but in all likeliness if you have the same modules declared in two different files, this will cause troubles. Also, i don't know if Aeterna was set to be standalone, but mine is and need to be to work properly. Also, you should check your tech tree as Aeterna had new stuff in it, but was made out of an older version of the game.

Anyway, good luck merging the mods. As a side note i'm close to release a new version of FF so more work for you smiley: stickouttongue.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 22, 2013, 3:21:56 PM
They were both stand alone that's why I combined them smiley: smile

well tried to anyway. I played a few games with this mod and haven't noticed anything going wrong, they work fine despite the double modules..... so far. I think one takes effect then quickly replaced by the other so there might not be conflicts, but I don't know. Both tech trees work well together as well they do not conflict each other either. so far so good smiley: smile

thank you for the reply and I will keep tinkering.

Igncom1 - I did not write the entrenchments so I did not touch them all I merely did was combine the two mods into one, but for my own I will look into balancing that and see what I can come up with. thank you.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 22, 2013, 10:24:30 PM
Tweedie wrote:

Igncom1 - I did not write the entrenchments so I did not touch them all I merely did was combine the two mods into one, but for my own I will look into balancing that and see what I can come up with. thank you.

I know, because I was the one who originally created them! smiley: wink
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 23, 2013, 9:14:22 AM
I incorporated several of the entrenchment ideas into my upcoming mod; and i did, indeed, rebalance the 3 i chose to emulate. I left off the planetary rings and dyson spheres.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment