Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

New to the game. Looking for information on prefab.

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
May 27, 2013, 9:21:59 PM
I think I've got a pretty good grasp on getting a model exported from my 3D modeling application in the .obj format. What I'm curious about at this point is how I control the emission point for engines and projectiles on my ship once it's in the game. I've seen some veiled references to prefabs, but most of the posts concerning that are over a year old. So what is the current state of "modability" concerning prefabs. Are modders capable of moving the engine and weapon emission points on their custom models, or are we stuck with pre-built emission points?
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 27, 2013, 10:34:47 PM
AFAIK the prefabs themselves are unmoddable (i've banged my head against the planet prefabs). As for emission points, i'm afraid i don't have an answer.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 28, 2013, 6:20:13 PM
well there might be a way with unpacking the .asset files and replacing files in there, but well thats not a nice way to do it and like i said would at best only be possible to replace models that are in there already.

better hope for the developers to implement better modding capabilities smiley: smile
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 28, 2013, 11:23:19 PM
You can definately unpack the .asset files, i have to look through all the textures. But you can't easily replace the files within them A. because of technical limitations and B. because you have no context for what you're replaceing, you can't see it in it's actual environment beforehand.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 29, 2013, 4:53:46 PM
well like i said its not a nice way, and would turn out to be more trial & error work than anything else, so there seems to be no real option other than waiting for the devs to implement modding support to this issue :/
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment