logo amplifiers simplified

Exotic Planets

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Dec 3, 2012, 9:13:42 AM
V 1.0 Online.

http://rapidshare.com/files/821944530/ExoticPlanets.7z

This mod adds 4 new and very specialized planets:

- The Tuberculoid is a space potatoe that produces 15 Food/pop for -10 Approval.

- The Factory is a factory planet that produces 15 IND/pop for -30 approval. It can be terraformed to Replicator (I 30 A -15)

- The Cybercore is a computer planet that produces 15 SCI/pop for -30 APPR. It can be terraformed to Übercore (S 30 A -15)

- The Meatball is a mutated organism saturated with Dust (15 Dust/pop -30 APPR). It can be killed (terraformed) to Bonneworld (D 30 A -15)

Those four planets are very rare.

Several colonization and terraformation techs have been added:

- Colonize Tuberculoid (unlocked with desert colonization)

- Colonize Meatball (unlocked with Small ships)

- Colonize Factory and Colonize Cybercore (Unlocked with lava colonization but invisible on the tech tree)

- Terraform Factory -> Replicator (Science techtree)

- Terraform Cybercore -> Übercore (Science Techtree)

- Terraform Meatball -> Boneworld (Warfare Techtree)

I hope this adds strategically interest to the system those planet are found.

Note that their wil never be ressources of any kind on those planet, nor anomalies (except wonders).

Comments are welcome because I'm sure this needs tweaking (It's my first mod ever)

Already in progress:

French Localization

Specific Anomalies for each planet type.

How to install:

1.) Go to C:\Users[YourName]\Documents\EndlessSpace and create a folder called "Modding" there.

2.) Download the mod here ( http://rapidshare.com/files/821944530/ExoticPlanets.7z ) , uncompress the file and paste the "ExoticPlanets" folder to the created "Modding" folder.

3.) Load the mod in the mods section of the main menu

OR

3'-1.) Go to Steam, right-click on Endless Space --> Properties --> General --> Edit Starting Options

3'-2.) Enter "+mod ExoticPlanets" (Without ") there

3'-3.) Start the Game normally.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 3, 2012, 9:27:26 AM
Nice job smiley: smile Something completely different to anything else released so far, which will undoubtedly inspire people to do other things with their own mods smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 3, 2012, 9:27:29 AM
AH! Tuberculoid! Love it.

I can see a bad anomaly for this planet already...

Tuber...culosis. *rimshot*
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 3, 2012, 9:59:52 AM
The space potatoe, where any alien fries...

The_Flyingshovel wrote:

Already in progress: French Localization

French fries?
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 6, 2012, 10:40:57 PM
While the logistics and content and all that sound cool, the real reason I'm downloading this is because I know I'm going to burst in to explosive giggles after colonizing a meatball and potato.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 11, 2012, 10:43:18 AM
Hmm, I played a huge map and only found 1 of those planets when I had pretty much quarter of the map colonized... I will have to play the map some more and finish it but it seems a bit of a low amount to me?(I was playing on young age/bigger planets)

Edit: Nvm, just read the planets are very rare smiley: wink... I failed :P
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 12, 2012, 4:27:33 PM
Hello,

Yes, those planets are very rare (each spawning on an unique type of star at the minimum probability).

Maybe too rare. I don't know.

I'll probably adjust the rarity in the next version. It'll be for the beginning of 2013 (night shifts and 2 kids don't help to work on it. =) )

Regards
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 10, 2013, 8:46:20 AM
Hmm, I figured I'd try it out again after not playing Endless Space after a long time, and it seems it can no longer find the file in the download link smiley: frown

Anyone happens to be able to find a working download link or upload it for me?smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 11, 2013, 6:29:38 AM
Great ideas smiley: biggrin. What about a "ball of wool", a "puzzle planet", a "death star" and a "slime planet".

Btw the link is broken.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment