Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Modder preparation for XPack

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jun 20, 2013, 12:12:24 PM
As Beta-Tester for the X-Pack I feel some responsibility for my fellow modders here and want to give a little warning about what to expect, so you don't put too much effort into things that will dramatically change.

Most importantly: Combat mechanics.

In this regard about everything is going to change. Damage-Calculation, Weapon-Effects, Defense-Effects, Battle-Card-Effects, the whole Military-Tree will be totally different.

So I strongly suggest against putting a whole lot of effort into that field right now. Chances are you won't be able to reuse anything.

But this might also incite a lot of new modding in this field. For example new weapons, different tech-tree, different weapon- and defense-scaling are things that can be considered to play around with after the release.

Buildings: There's quite some change here too. A lot of race-specific stuff. The best thing is that there's numberous new effects that can be added to buildings. In addition to flat-boni, per-pop-boni and percentage boni, there now also is stuff like +X% per colonized planet in system and such.

What is helpfull that a lot of x-pack-specific stuff is located in seperate files. And some of the larger files have been split into many smaller ones to allow finding stuff faster.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 27, 2013, 2:09:18 AM
Well, can't wait to get back to modding this game... Well, my credit card issue isn't solved so i can't play ES (and several of my steam games as well), let alone buy anything new like an expansion. Sad that a lot of my work in Fair Fight will go down the drain, but that will be a good time to try new things...
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment