Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Tonnage scaling for support modules

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jun 27, 2013, 4:19:56 PM
I've noticed that when I've created a mod that changes the maximum tonnage of vessels using the Optimal Structure trait, and changing it to 9000% of normal, I found that the game keeps the weapon and defense modules at the same amount of tonnage as they are in Classic, but every support module except for the siege module now costs 9000% of normal. Also every special unit except for Point Defense costs 9000% tonnage of normal.

If this is an intended system to keep overpowered ships from being spammed, it seems to be very effective. Though is there a way to manually change those modules so that they don't scale with ship tonnage? Or did I just find a bug?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 27, 2013, 4:25:31 PM
I think I found the problem myself, but support modules costing a variable percentage of the tonnage should have a trait that can be modded from percent to addition.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 29, 2013, 8:51:07 AM
KingXerox wrote:
I think I found the problem myself, but support modules costing a variable percentage of the tonnage should have a trait that can be modded from percent to addition.

I've just actually looked at that myself...

If you look at the supportmodule (or specialmodule) XML files, at the beginning of each module description, in this case, the first level of Armor, there is a variable called WeightPercentage="0.05"

Change that to WeightFlat="5" or whatever number floats your boat and the 'cost' will reflect that as a single reduction like they used to...
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment