Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Igncom1 Mod of Balance.

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jun 29, 2013, 11:41:44 PM
Hello and welcome again my friends and frenemys!

Today's agenda is a slight fix to the disharmony DLC to make it a little more forgiving!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/yl90rbq19uwtoak/Igncom1Mod.rar

List of changes I remember:

Fixed tonnage cost of fighters, bombers and troops.

Fixed tonnage cost of scanners and bombs (Forgot repair, might leave it for now.)

Armor mods now have % HP increases until the lest 3, scaling in tonnage and HP given.

Removed resource costs for all defences, left the weapons.

Changed the 'Lethal Modder', pilot ability to +3 damage per shot for melee weapons.

Have fun guys!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 30, 2013, 12:55:16 AM
Would you mind detailing exactly how you changed these?

-Tonnage cost fighters & bombers

-Tonage cost bombs

I'm not sure I trust them to just be "fixed" without knowing how smiley: smile considering your changes in the next two areas:

-Tonnage cost scanners, bombs, and repair. Bombs ok, I can see that - a bomb launcher is a bomb launcher. But I wouldn't change repair systems away from a tonnage scaled cost... In real life, larger ships need larger repair and damage control systems in order to have the same effectiveness as on a smaller ship. That means they're bigger. Same could be said for scanners. You may put the same generation (tier) of tech on a battleship and a scout, but the battleship would require a much more powerful (larger tonnage) suite (larger ship, more blind spots, more sensors required to do the same job, etc. etc.

-Removed resource cost for defenses? So a race left without any strategic resources can just roll up no resource required carrier fleets with no "weapons" and high tech defenses and magically attain full combat effectiveness against powers with those resources? How is that "balanced" in any way?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 30, 2013, 1:05:48 AM
I removed the tonnage % on both on the strikecraft and bombs (Bombs require fighters and bombers to be used BTW, and are currently set to 30 flat tonnage).

Scanner systems were just set to flat in order to encourage their use, a personal preference mainly as they were rather un-appealing otherwise.

And the removal of strategic resources was to prevent players from upgrading a defence and being left being un-able to use them due to the lack of the required resource to build the new ones.

Normal weapons are vastly superior in terms of damage potential when compared to strikecraft, who are totally unable attack a ship during the long-range phase and are only able to fire twice per round for the next 2 phases, limiting their competing ability with default weapons.

Done correctly a hit and run player can shoot and leave in or just after the long range phase, preventing strike-craft from firing more then once, if at all.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 30, 2013, 3:44:46 AM
You sir, are welcome smiley: wink
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment