Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Mods no longer supported?

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jun 30, 2013, 6:04:14 PM
Just saw the disharmony special on steam, and I've read that this game was modable, which is a major selling point for me; however none of the mods I've tried, nor the creation instructions for new mods appear to work. Are mods not supported anymore? I'd be pretty choked up if it turns out this game can't be modded after all.

Thanks..
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 30, 2013, 6:19:43 PM
You must mod stuff in "Public_xp1" instead of "Public". The Public folder is still there for Vanilla.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 30, 2013, 6:27:26 PM
Oh? So Users/username/Documents/Endless Space/public_xp1/Modding/? I had read elsewhere that the path must be Users/username/Documents/Endless Space/Disharmony/Modding/. I just tried this however and it still doesn't work; however if others have gotten mods to work than at least it's still supported and I'm just doing something wrong.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 30, 2013, 6:29:24 PM
Oh geez, you mean edit the game files directly! Ok, I'll back up the game content and give that a shot, and at least see if anything takes in-game as a starting point. Many thanks!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 30, 2013, 6:42:36 PM
NO! He meant use those as your base for modding, not edit them! Steam will not like that! The new directory for mods is My Documents/Endless Space/Disharmony/Modding
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 30, 2013, 6:51:23 PM
Ahh, gotcha. No changes were taking anyways, so I've reverted to the backups. I'll try again using the public_xp1 content as a base. Thanks!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 30, 2013, 7:00:33 PM
Naw, no good smiley: frown I'm going to delete and reinstall everything from scratch, just to get it all back into a sane state. I managed yesterday to get a test mod to pop up, once, in the mod list using the public content as a base. When I clicked on it, the game said it needed a reboot, and then the test mod went away, never loaded or showed in the mod list again.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 30, 2013, 7:13:37 PM
Insert

Disharmony

into the index.xml file of the mod you want to use with Disharmony, and place the mod folder in ".../Documents/Endless Space/Disharmony/Modding" as mentioned.

Make sure you insert the text between the tags at the beginning and end of the file.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 30, 2013, 7:23:10 PM
Sure thing. Once I'm done redownloading the game fresh I'll retry all of this from the beginning. I did have the Disharmony in the index.xml file, as well as modifying names, descriptions, and generating a different GUID so that it wouldn't collide with the base game content. Unfortunately none of this seemed to work, except for that one ill-fated reboot.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 30, 2013, 7:34:31 PM
Alright, reinstalling seemed to do it! Somehow I had managed to disable disharmony itself, probably with that one test mod reboot. I guess that somehow corrupted my game files or save data.. Thanks so much for the help guys! Now to read through a few more of these tutorials and see how much I can mess with smiley: smile
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment