Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Custom Race Portrait help please!

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jun 28, 2013, 11:11:11 PM
Never mind, I am stupid. I thought the picture files must not have an extension because of the xml file

>.< Close this thread if you want

Hi,

I am desperately trying to get the custom race portrait to work.

Here is what i have different on the factions xml:

Now the part that I don't understand from reading all of the related posts.

Do I put the files in:

Gamedirectory/Public/Gui/DynamicBitmaps/Factions/ ?

Or:

My Documents/Endless Space/Modding/Images/ ?

Or something else entirely?

I tried the above 2, I even tried downloading the playable pirates mod, stuck the factions file into it, added the faction to index.xml, and even added the below line to the index.xml and the images with it.

images/customwide

And nothing, none of these work, what am I missing?

Thank you
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 30, 2013, 8:54:48 AM
Actually, if I may, I'd like to reply to this with a related question. There's a thread related to this topic, but it's a bit old, so I figured necro'ing it wouldn't be such a good idea. When I'm adding portraits to a custom faction, what do I type in? This is what I have currently, and it isn't working.

C:\Users\Me\Documents\Endless Space\Modding\Bionics\Images\bionicssmall.jpg

%AffinityMappingSophonTitle

What am I doing wrong? I've tried switching \ to / and the like, but I don't actually know what I'm doing entirely. I'm a bit new to this, and the original guide on this wasn't as specific as I was hoping!

Thank you.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 30, 2013, 5:21:21 PM
[CODE][/CODE]

If it doesn't work, do it in Faction.xml as well. I always do both to be sure nothing is broken.

EDIT: should be slashes ( / ) not backslashes ( \ ).
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 30, 2013, 8:50:16 PM
So, should I make a new folder in Modding called Gui? I've looked for the game's actual Gui folder and couldn't find it. Or should I put it in the Factions folder, like the other custom factions?

Also, the guide I was following only mentioned Faction.xml. Is there another xml file to update?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 30, 2013, 10:36:13 PM
The Gui folder should be in your mod folder (Modding/Bionics/Gui). Create it at that location if it doesn't exist. For convenience, you may create sub-folders (e.g. Modding/Bionics/Gui/Images) to set apart different families of pictures like tech icons and portraits.

The other file is FactionTrait.xml on line 523 and below but I suppose it's not needed if you say the guide doesn't mention it. I've always done both of em purely for consistency so I'm not sure. smiley: sweat

If you put your pictures straight in Gui folder, it should just be Wide="Gui/bionicswide". If you put them in a sub-folder called Images, then Wide="Gui/Images/bionicswide".
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment