Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Mods Being Temperamental

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jun 28, 2013, 4:21:37 AM
Has anyone else noticed their mods being temperamental?

I went about trying to move a mod over to the new system (basing it off the new files and such)

And it does not show up in the mods menu in game.

But here's the kicker, I grab one of my old mods, I put it in the folder. and Try to load it.

accordingly, it shows up and moves me to ES Classic.

My next step is to gut that mod, drop in the RequestDLCName and comment out all of that's mods files

before replacing it with the test mod files. And that works, until in game I swap back to the normal game;

and Poof! gone from the mod menu.

I am perplexed, any ideas?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 28, 2013, 4:36:37 AM
I had issues with mods not showing in the menu due to small inconsistencies and issues with the header in the Index.xml files of any given mod.

An example is how ReleaseDate requires two digits for the month and day.

Today is not 2013-6-23, today is 2013-06-23.

What I'm thinking is that with the new Disharmony update, values being requested by the game may be different than values given by the mods.

Therefore, the game does not think that your mod is a mod, but a collection of files that are in the modding folder.

Just a thought. Good luck and all.

Also..

BlackWind wrote:
disharmony has a different set of folders in the my documents within the endless space folder

so "Documents\Endless Space\Disharmony\Modding"

Also also..

"LoiCus-" wrote:
...to link your mods to the Disharmony expansion pack, you also need to tag them adding the marker Disharmony as a child of the marker in the file Index.xml
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 30, 2013, 4:53:27 AM
Well, in practice. It didn't help much after I got home to try and apply it. The Game will not recognize the mod at all smiley: frown

here is my index File for reference:

Disharmony

SigmusVictus

None

2013-05-18

Test Text

Test Test

Factions

%ModName

%ModDescription

Simulation/GFFactionTrait.xml

Simulation/GFEmpireTraitDescriptor.xml

Simulation/GFFactions.xml

0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 1, 2013, 2:22:28 PM
One method I've had luck with is to go into steam, right click on ES, go to properties and then down to launch options. Then, type in "+mod ImperiumAeturna" or whatever your mod folder name is called in documents/endless space/disharmony/modding. This will force Steam to load the mod when the game starts up, and you won't have to constantly restart and headbutt the game into submission.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment