Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Mod list?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Nov 30, 2012, 4:48:43 PM
Are there a master mod list of the mods released for Endless Space? and if so Where?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 30, 2012, 5:08:48 PM
Pretty much the front-page of this forum...

Since the game is still developed so much by the Devs Mods have to be kept up-to-date. And the people who update their mods will most likely post here that they have done so.

A lot of older mods are no longer working or are not usefull anymore.

Also there's no really big mods yet for the reasons named before. Noone wants to invest a lot of time if his mod is endangered of ceasting to work after a patch.

So most mods are small rule-changes or additions of a few things like some buildings or so.

My Diplomacy-Mod, for example is mostly a workaround for missing features but doesn't really add anything or tries to change the game.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 30, 2012, 5:42:14 PM
I can understand overlooking the sticky as the topic is a little confusing. I wasn't sure what "Shopping Mall" meant at first either - it's more a list of active mods, really.

Regardless, it's relatively easy to find with a little bit of initiative and hovering over the topics as the tooltip describes pretty accurately what it is intended for.

/#/endless-space/forum/37-modding/thread/16327-mod-shopping-mall

As Ail mentioned, there are not that many 'bigger' mods right now - and a lot of the mods which do exist are not actively supported by their original creators.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 30, 2012, 5:56:47 PM
Can I change the name of the shopping mall thread to be more obvious? I cannot think of a better title. As the result of another thread 2-3 weeks ago, I have been pretty aggressive about removing mods which don't work, and marking mods which probably don't work anymore.

@ ail, you may want to update/correct your post in that thread.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 30, 2012, 7:28:26 PM
I'm not sure there's a better method than what you're doing right now davea :/

I guess the topic could be something along the lines of "List of Actively Supported Mods" - or something along a similar vain, but it's not *that* hard to find if people look for a couple of minutes. Perhaps if/when there are more (active) mods the opening post could be an index categorised by mod types with links directly to each entry - but I really don't think it's worth the effort right now with so few mods available.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 2, 2012, 2:37:45 AM
davea wrote:
Can I change the name of the shopping mall thread to be more obvious? I cannot think of a better title.
mod LIST obviously
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 1, 2013, 9:35:02 PM
Thanks for the answers on other forums the posts is usually called Master Mod List or something very similar so as not to confuse. Shopping Mall could be for actually buying smaller upgrades for a game (which unfortunately is not unheard of EA I am looking at you and Bioware) and would be avoided by me and other that find that kind of business deplorable. Now that development is slowing down has the modding scene picked up or is it stagnant?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 1, 2013, 10:44:10 PM
Ail wrote:
Pretty much the front-page of this forum...

Since the game is still developed so much by the Devs Mods have to be kept up-to-date. And the people who update their mods will most likely post here that they have done so.

A lot of older mods are no longer working or are not usefull anymore.

They may not work automatically, but there's nothing stopping you from adding them in manually on your own.. once you get that critical line in that checks version numbers added

I had little difficulty getting alternativeGalaxyGenerator to work for me.. at least it's functional.. seems to have some problems on the edge of the map (I can't zoom in much or the edge of map gets pushed off where I cannot access it)... but it's good enough for me.. as I *HATE* the galaxy size limitations in the vanilla game (and Disharmony didn't change much there if at all)...
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment