Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Decrease Research and/or Building Time

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jul 1, 2013, 10:48:12 PM
Ideally, I would love to have these options available when setting up a new game. I know the game has a Game Speed setting, but it's not as good as it could be. I was wondering if it were possible to create these kind of mods.

Decreased Research Time:

Decrease research time by %25, %50, or %75

Decrease Building and/or Ship Time:

Decrease research time by %25, %50, or %75
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 4, 2013, 12:53:49 AM
I'm going to assume you want this to be a selectable game setting (as opposed to work-around that requires dummy faction traits). I have two ideas, one would certainly work but would displace an existing game speed setting; the other might work but would simply add a new speed setting. (I haven't tried this second one before so don't know if it works or not)

Method 1:

1) In the file "GameSpeed.xml", replace all the "RegistryKeys" under the "Slow" setting with the the keys from the "Normal" setting.

2) In the file "GameSpeedDescriptor.xml", tweak to following parameters to your liking:

"ImprovementCostBonus" -> smaller number leads to lower cost leads to less build time

"ShipCostBonus" -> same but for ship cost

"TechnoCostBonus" -> same but for technology

If you use method 1, the old "Slow" setting will displaced when the mod is loaded.

Method 2:

1) In the file "GameSpeed.xml", add a new "GameSpeed" using "Normal" as a template, delete the "Default=true" tag, change the "Name" field to something else. Under Descriptors, replace the content with "CostX"; where X is a string of your choice

2) In the file "GameSpeedDescriptor.xml", create a new descriptor using "CostSlow" as a template and change the name to "CostX"; Tweak the bonuses like before.

In theory, a new game speed setting will show up that modifies only the build/research time.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 4, 2013, 11:08:04 PM
Or my Combo Pluss compilation that has SotE and other trait mods combined, including Traitful Factions which allows you to create factions with near-infinite trait points.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment