Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Looking for help with a mod

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jun 5, 2013, 10:23:28 PM
Hello there forum people.

I've been working on creating a custom faction. I've been working on the art for them and have the ships and a few extra bits done. Pics below.

My general idea for these guys is that they will be an isolationist race who despite being quite old have only just begun to leave their homeworld. To reflect this I want them to be slow on expansion but good at developing their systems, they would also start on a custom planet, which being heavily developed would be have better than terran FIDS. I've created a new texture map for this but it is untested as yet.

So thats where I'm at. What I'm struggling with is actually getting the stuff in game. I've followed the guides as best I can but cant get the thing to even load xD

If anyone is willing to take my work and get it running in game I'd be much obliged =)

Also I'm not the best player of the game, any ideas where I should go with their affinity and traits?

Thanks for reading. Here are some pictures :0

From left to right

Transport and Corvette

Destroyer and Cruiser

Battleship and Dreadnaught

Race Portrait:

0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 7, 2013, 1:46:13 AM
I would download the Sectoid mod to see what files you need to mess with to add a faction.

The other mod might be custom planets and ships (with planet Pinky) as it has a modified ship and may tell you where to load the files.

The issues you can't change (hardcoded) are the alien on the diplomacy screen and she small ship models on the map.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 8, 2013, 6:25:41 AM
The models look great! You've done a fantastic job on all of them. I'd love to mess around with the game mechanics & come up with a reasonable affinity for them. Before Disharmony, me and a friend worked on a mod (kept to ourselves) that included some faction traits modifying your home world, like starting off with an Endless Artifact or a Natural Wonder, a Huge planet, etc., so we could probably workshop something with an faction affinity that does that for you. Haven't done a custom planet yet, though, that would be cool as well. If there's a problem with importing your models, I doubt that I could do much to help, although there's a tutorial up on adding ship models to ES that's been stickied.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment