Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

How to deny building a star system improvement based on an anomaly being present?

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jul 4, 2013, 1:06:37 AM
So basically, i want to deny the ability to build a specific star system improvement if a certain anomaly is present in system. What would be the correct entry for PathsPrerequisites to do this?

Something like [CODE]!$(PlanetAnomalyAGED03)[/CODE]

Note: this obviously did not work.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 6, 2013, 3:56:53 AM
LogicSequence wrote:
So basically, i want to deny the ability to build a specific star system improvement if a certain anomaly is present in system. What would be the correct entry for PathsPrerequisites to do this?

Something like [CODE]!$(PlanetAnomalyAGED03)[/CODE]

Note: this obviously did not work.

Well, that's what i would have tried first... Look at how planet types are declared, that may give you a hint of what is missing (like ../ or something). Unfortunately i can't test it since i don't have access to the game right now.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 9, 2013, 2:28:30 AM
Well i have looked into all the instances of PathsPrerequisites, unfortunately none meantion anomalies. I can't quite seem to work out how to send the prereq (which is system wide) down to a specific planet, or more precisely, have it check all planets in a system for X (in this case, an anomaly). If anomalies were system wide ../ClassStarSystem/PlanetAnomalyAGED03 might have worked, but they're not. So i assume something ../ClassStarSystem/ClassPlanet,PlanetAnomalyAGED03 might work, but then will that check every planet, or just one?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 9, 2013, 3:22:25 AM
Well, I don't know if this will help you or not, but if its a PathPrerequisites that specifies an anomaly, they do exist, they are in the "PlanetImprovement.xml" file which specifies all anomaly reduction. For example:

[CODE]

PlanetAnomaly22Reduction1

$(PlanetAnomaly22) and $(PlanetStatusColonized)

%PlanetAnomaly22Reduction1Title

%AnomalyReduction1Description

%AnomalyReductionTooltipEffect

[/CODE]

Has the path prereq $(PlanetAnomaly22); presumably you can invert that to get prevent an improvement if said anomaly is present
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 9, 2013, 6:27:21 AM
Right, this is true, i did forget about that. However it's the bit that comes before that i'm unsure of, as in !$(?WHAT GOES HERE?/?ANYTHING HERE?,PlanetAnomaly22), and will that count for all planets in a system?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 9, 2013, 7:15:42 AM
Ok, got it. It's actually just !$(ClassStarSystem/PlanetAnomalyAGED03), by accident i had been using the syntax incorrectly. DOH!
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment