Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Modding possibilities.

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jul 8, 2013, 11:41:06 PM
I've only recently got into modding, by looking at some of the other mods available, and looking, occasionally editing them on Notepad, and I can do simple things like changing statistics or adding new characteristics, but I'm just wondering how exactly you make bigger changes to the game, and what they could be. For example, one idea I'd really like to try out is adding the ability to name planets instead of having the name of a star with a number on the end. Or just how to add new research options or buildings. Any help or advice you could give would be great, and for those who answer, thanks. smiley: smile
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 9, 2013, 10:49:19 PM
Adding Research-Options and Buildings is very possible with the modding-interface and has been done in quite a few mods.

You have to touch a number of files to get it like you want though. For a building, I believe you have to add it to:

StarSystemImprovement.xml for it's basic attributes and requirements

StarSystemImprovementDescriptor.xml for it's actual effect

AIParametersBuilding.xml so the AI knows what kind of building it is and how well it compares to other options

and finally the localization-files to add stuff like it's name

It's quite similar for technologies, a little easier maybe, since there is no separate file for the description.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 10, 2013, 12:34:53 AM
Cheers, thanks a lot. Is it possible to make other changes, like being able to name individual planets, or, do something with trade ships and caravans in place of a notification in the diplomacy menu?
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment