Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Mods work with Disharmony?

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jul 5, 2013, 8:09:34 PM
Howdy folks,

New to Endless Space. Picked it up with the release of Disharmony. I was curious if the various mods on the MOD Shopping Mall work with Disharmony. Seems like most them have publish dates well back before the release of Disharmony, and in some instances, the changes appear to already be standard (like colored anomalies). I was specifically interested in Imperium Aeterna, and was curious if that works fine with Disharmony. There's a few things I like in that including the ship class makeover and other ship changes.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 5, 2013, 8:55:32 PM
CMHWoody wrote:
Howdy folks,

New to Endless Space. Picked it up with the release of Disharmony. I was curious if the various mods on the MOD Shopping Mall work with Disharmony. Seems like most them have publish dates well back before the release of Disharmony, and in some instances, the changes appear to already be standard (like colored anomalies). I was specifically interested in Imperium Aeterna, and was curious if that works fine with Disharmony. There's a few things I like in that including the ship class makeover and other ship changes.

Pretty much incompatible at the moment. Heck, Imperium isn't even updated for the newest version of Classic!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 5, 2013, 9:08:29 PM
Well i think i can help you. I've successfully managed combining both the best from Jessie's Mod along with IMPERIUM AETERNA into something great i hope. Which is also fully compatible so far with Disharmony.

The problem with IMPERIUM AETERNA was that eventhough you could kinda trix into making it load under Disharmony but as soon as you build any kind of planetary improvement, the game threw an NullReferenceException which basically made your game crash.

What i did now was taking Jessie's Mod as base to start off (Thanks for making it available to the public smiley: biggrin) making some sort of Combiner Mod taking the best (from my opinion of course) and make a Disharmony compatible Mod that also features the missing IMPERIUM AETERNA stuff.

The only downside of Jessie's Mod yet was that it completely lacked the utterly awesome additions to the Warfare Tech Tree AKA. Deathrays, Black Hole guns etc.

And since i didn't want to pass that up i managed to reintagrate it into Jessies's Mod adding it to the cool stuff already present.

In fact the IMPERIUM AETERNA Warfare Tech Tree had a tiny bug that made the entire game crash. It took me several hourse to figure out the bug and finally i've tested successfully several rounds with that newly Mod i shall call Ultima Ratio for now, without crashing on building planery improvements and having ALL the awesome new weapons available on top.

So i give all the credits to IMPERIUM AETERNA and Jessie's Mod and provide you a link to my little piece of joy smiley: smile

DOWNLOAD REMOVED DUE BUGGYNESS

@Evil Tactician: PM me if you want to know what caused the crash in your mod in Disharmony man it took me quite alot of hours to figure and i think you should take profit of that ^^

At the end i want to say that i haven't tested the mod going late game and probably old errors already present in IMPERIUM AETERNA or Jessie's Mod may be also present in this mod since i've pretty much rushed this out and won't have the time to do further testing the following two days.

Besides of that i hope you can enjoy this eventhough i cannot provide an epic changelog yet, my bad

And before i forget it, simply override that Disharmony folder in you User/Documents/Endless Space/ then start up endless space go to the mods tab and you should be able to see the Ultima Ratio Mod in there. Please report any crashes/bugs you may encounter, since i have tested it yet only a few rounds, bugs may possibly occur later in game.

Anyways cheers!

-Cosmocrat smiley: science
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 7, 2013, 3:10:11 AM
Cosmocrat wrote:
Well i think i can help you. I've successfully managed combining both the best from Jessie's Mod along with IMPERIUM AETERNA into something great i hope. Which is also fully compatible so far with Disharmony.

The problem with IMPERIUM AETERNA was that eventhough you could kinda trix into making it load under Disharmony but as soon as you build any kind of planetary improvement, the game threw an NullReferenceException which basically made your game crash.

What i did now was taking Jessie's Mod as base to start off (Thanks for making it available to the public smiley: biggrin) making some sort of Combiner Mod taking the best (from my opinion of course) and make a Disharmony compatible Mod that also features the missing IMPERIUM AETERNA stuff.

The only downside of Jessie's Mod yet was that it completely lacked the utterly awesome additions to the Warfare Tech Tree AKA. Deathrays, Black Hole guns etc.

And since i didn't want to pass that up i managed to reintagrate it into Jessies's Mod adding it to the cool stuff already present.

In fact the IMPERIUM AETERNA Warfare Tech Tree had a tiny bug that made the entire game crash. It took me several hourse to figure out the bug and finally i've tested successfully several rounds with that newly Mod i shall call Ultima Ratio for now, without crashing on building planery improvements and having ALL the awesome new weapons available on top.

So i give all the credits to IMPERIUM AETERNA and Jessie's Mod and provide you a link to my little piece of joy smiley: smile

DOWNLOAD NOW!

Hmm people do you think i should make a new thread for my mod?

@Evil Tactician: PM me if you want to know what caused the crash in your mod in Disharmony man it took me quite alot of hours to figure and i think you should take profit of that ^^

At the end i want to say that i haven't tested the mod going late game and probably old errors already present in IMPERIUM AETERNA or Jessie's Mod may be also present in this mod since i've pretty much rushed this out and won't have the time to do further testing the following two days.

Besides of that i hope you can enjoy this eventhough i cannot provide an epic changelog yet, my bad

And before i forget it, simply override that Disharmony folder in you User/Documents/Endless Space/ then start up endless space go to the mods tab and you should be able to see the Ultima Ratio Mod in there. Please report any crashes/bugs you may encounter, since i have tested it yet only a few rounds, bugs may possibly occur later in game.

Anyways cheers!

Guess you didn't try and design any ships from scratch. Give me an error message and only displays all colony vessels from ALL the factions. Good luck with that one. Really good job on getting it to work though, cheers to you sir. Final thought is start your own thread in the forums if you really want to get this bug tested.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 7, 2013, 3:55:57 AM
I had the same problem as Cfuz with the ships. Game-breaking but is the only problem I noticed besides the overlapping and general clutter of the military tech tree. I appreciate the work you did and look forward to further development.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 7, 2013, 11:03:19 AM
Oh God Why? Yeah i was able to replicate the problem on my machine here too. The reason i've overlooked it in the first place was that i've started a new game and watched only for the system improvements bug to happen.

On top you can open the ship designer at the start flawlessy since the bug occurs only as soon as you researched one of the new military techs and design a new ship right after.

My bad folks and thanks for the bug hunting smiley: smile i'll look into fixing that bug in the coming up week and will provide a fixed version as soon as i've found the cause of the bugs.

I'll also do a starting thread then since i plan to add some more things than just combining mods smiley: smile

Cheers people and have a day!

0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 7, 2013, 1:49:46 PM
Cosmocrat wrote:
Oh God Why? Yeah i was able to replicate the problem on my machine here too. The reason i've overlooked it in the first place was that i've started a new game and watched only for the system improvements bug to happen.

On top you can open the ship designer at the start flawlessy since the bug occurs only as soon as you researched one of the new military techs and design a new ship right after.

My bad folks and thanks for the bug hunting smiley: smile i'll look into fixing that bug in the coming up week and will provide a fixed version as soon as i've found the cause of the bugs.

I'll also do a starting thread then since i plan to add some more things than just combining mods smiley: smile

Cheers people and have a day!

Hope you can work it out, since i look forward to rolling over the AI with this mod. Best of luck. I'll also follow your thread.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 11, 2013, 5:07:56 PM
Ok i've got good news guys. First of all i've removed that old link above since that version was horribly bugged. During the last 4 days i wasn't lazy and improved the Mod ALOT. Which means:

-Fixed the bug with ship designer (Late game Test pending but looks good so far)

-A new Planet (100% Custom made)

-New Icons for ALL the stuff that needed Icons. Like the Planet Size enlargements and other stuff i've added

-Reworked the Warfare Techtree to be at least 99% Disharmony campatible (Faction dependant techs might still occasionally overlap slightly but them default Techs do not)

-Reintroduced Bombers and Fighters which the IMPERIUM AETERNA Warfare Tree lacked (Since it was based on Classic Tech Tree)

-Added new Armor researches which were missing before (Eventhough them references were there)

-Added two new lategame expansion techs

-Completely rewrote the ENTIRE weaponsmodule.xml to be based on the new Disharmony weapon system table (This was causing the Ship Designer Crash since them old IAWarfareModule table had no the Long-, Middle- and Shortranged entries)

As soon now as I'll be able to verify that the mod indeed runs flawlessy as intended i'll make a starter-thread and upload the latest version. Right now i am testing with Automatons race and it looks good so far. Already teched sum custom added stuff and it behaves as intended, hopefully this time i'll have more luck with the next release than i had with this one. My bad folks to provide you a buggy-non-playeable mod that might utterly disappointed ya.

Hang on people ^^

Cheers

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment