Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Is it possible to hide available hero abilities based on other chosen abilities?

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jul 14, 2013, 5:13:00 PM
I'm currently busy working on a mod to change heroes. My goal is to make every hero useful in either a fleet or a planet. They all just have their own flavor. I want to use the first ability point to choose a specialization (either fleet or planet) and based on that, set the xp gain, abilities, etc. The problem is, I can't find a way to way to make the other ability unavailable to choose once the specialization is chosen. Is it actually possible to make abilities NOT available based on certain prerequisites?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 15, 2013, 12:55:44 AM
You have to make them available based on what you choose. Think tech tree.

So insert your specialization ability. Then modify *all* tier one abilities to require those new specialization abilities. Should fix the issue.

Edit: For the other way around I think you may have to look at the dosing for current specializations. they have specialization specific abilities.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 15, 2013, 8:28:01 AM
It's not a problem to make the tier 1 abilities require the specialization, but to hide the specialization choice not chosen. So for example, at level 1 my hero chooses between two specializations, fleet or planet (2 ability choices that need to be mutually exclusive). The fleet specialization gives all the fleet related stats (extra damage, mp, etc), the planet spec the other stuff. But what I haven't figured out is how to hide the specialization choice after the first pick, it stays available. I noticed that in the tech tree you can set stuff to not be available with certain things, but I haven't been able to replicate that for hero abilities.

Thanks for the input though.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment