Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Number of Players

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jul 17, 2013, 9:04:48 PM
I've been looking for a way to increase the number of players per game so that I can have all the endless races represented at the same time, any help?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 19, 2013, 7:49:18 PM
Join the questions. I also played against several players. I do not know of such mods.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 20, 2013, 2:23:05 AM
No way to do it as far as I can tell. The one time I tried, the game threw an "out of index" error. Which is another way of saying somewhere within the game executable are command lines that handle generating player slots and it stops at 8 max. Probably. If somebody can figure out where those commands are, you be able to do 8+. But I have a feeling the code is encrypted.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 20, 2013, 10:00:43 PM
Well thanks Antera, good to know that I should stop trying before I hurt myself or my computer lol
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 22, 2013, 11:14:46 PM
Very interesting. Thanks for the info!

So one of the limits is in the map itself. You said the GUI cannot handled more than 10-12 players but the GUI on my screen only has space to fit 8. Does the GUI extend itself up to 10-12 (depending on resolution?)?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 23, 2013, 7:25:05 AM
nope, the gui is not adaptable. But when you enter less than 12 player you can still see the slot... After that the slot are out of screen and there is no slider to go down. Eventually, the number is depending on the resolution, if you use a "1024x756" screen, you would not be able to see over 8 slot.

Perhaps, one day, we will have time to improve this part of the gui... but... well... I can still put a note somewhere on the "improve list" for that. But I cannot promise anything.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 23, 2013, 11:31:12 AM
Does having more races scale up some of the victory conditions? As in, does it take more points to reach a Diplomatic victory if there are more players? If not, it might be possible to reach a Diplomatic victory with half the races of the galaxy undiscovered, which might get a bit weird.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 25, 2013, 10:45:24 PM
Are there any graphics mods (or easy edit of files) which change the backround appearence of the galaxy? Maybe one that's a little darker (not as bright in the center)?

Or a way to mod the galaxy backround appearence so that "disk-4" has the same blue-ish backround as "disk?" Thanks in advance
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment