Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Ship appearance shuffle?

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jul 26, 2013, 4:46:30 PM
Been poking around in the files and yet to see anyway of being about to change the visual appearance of a ship. I was look to hoping to be able to:

1. Switch the piledriver and the anvil, I feel like the anvil has more dreadnought feel to it.

2. Replace the empire battleship with a pirate ship.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 26, 2013, 4:50:50 PM
There's a way to mod different ship models in. Check the mod forums.

EDIT: You may or may not be able to hotswap the existing models around because they ARE protected/encrypted (I don't fully understand it myself, point being you can't get to them), so maybe my suggestion wasn't totally helpful.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 26, 2013, 5:08:09 PM
Yeah... from what I had seen the existing models are protected. I was just wondering if someone had an easy work around.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 26, 2013, 5:11:36 PM
Honestly, I'm less concerned with changing the models and far more interested in changing ship sizes. I love seeing scale in space battles, and I'd kill to see Dreadnoughts be ten times larger and scout ships ten times smaller.

That would probably break everything in the game (from displaying the models in a fleet formation to where the bullets are fired from), but I would gladly pay cash just to see that.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 26, 2013, 5:47:07 PM
I would like useful dreadnoughts. Short of end game siege machines, I am not sure why you would need 244k invasion on ship but, I have found dreadnoughts to be worth less. Increased scale would be awesome to have, tonnage too, and more special slots... I wanted a super carrier but you can't really do that in this game. Late game ship fights don't feel that epic, especially not when corvette class ships seem to stand up to dreadnoughts.

EDIT: more on topic then, does anyone have tools for extracting said files so they could be reused as custom ships to make a new faction.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment