Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Modding Planet Descriptor file

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jul 29, 2013, 12:56:47 PM
My intent is to get my new Hydrogen race (converting Harmony) to see the Planets as having different values. As it said at the top of the section "Note: PlanetType is serializable" I was hoping to do this but the only values in the game are the last ones done. Here is an example of Jungle both normal and for my "Harmony" race:

[CODE]

!$(AffinityHarmony)

[/CODE]

And with Harmony:

[CODE]

$(AffinityHarmony)

[/CODE]

The only code it picks up is the second file. What gives?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 29, 2013, 10:19:47 PM
The game stores descriptor by name. Since both descriptor have the exact same name the one that gets read later overrode the earlier one. I don't know that you can get different races to see different fids by modifying the fids of planets like you're doing. But you can get them to see a difference by applying it as a trait. Just use "...//ClassPlanet,PlanetTypeX" pathing, replace X with planet type name and apply the fids modifiers.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 31, 2013, 12:09:57 AM
Pretty sure there are no separate planet simulation descriptors that only activate for Harmony. In fact, I still can't find the line of code that causes Harmony to see 0 dust.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 31, 2013, 12:26:20 AM
Could be in the empire or system descriptor.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 31, 2013, 12:31:09 AM
Yea, I checked both, also checked trait, planet files. What I did was searched for the locale name associated with text you see when you mouse over the dust. If it is in there, it is not calling that text.

BTW, you gonna start playing Harmony yet? Seems like Sowers are pretty saved.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 31, 2013, 5:01:58 AM
IM not a maths guy, nor am I one of the multiplayer people, so my overall judgement on the sowers isn't that great.

You get one to the MP people to give a brief on why they are saved and I'll play the harmony.

I like the Sowers however, I feel like they have great potential.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment