Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Plz help me ... a picture problem.

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Aug 7, 2013, 9:36:28 PM
I am having problems with replacing a picture.

I want to change the 3 faction picture icons of a faction. The small, large and wide.

I got 3 new pictures (32x32 + 128x128 + 1920x1080 PNGs) already changed the reference in Faction.xml and the two references in FactionTrait.xml.

To:

It works ... at least in the faction selection and new game setup menu where all 3 pictures are replaced. But when I click "start game", I was expecting to see a loading screen that also showed the new custom "wide" picture in full screen. But the game still displays the original "terranDescriptionWide" version with the terran ships.

I noticed that other mods, like the Demo, Uplift and Star Trek, show custom made faction loading screens when starting a new game. What am I doing wrong? smiley: frown
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 8, 2013, 6:44:00 AM
I tried to have the pictures jpg, but no luck. I tried scaling them down to smaller than 1920x1080, but no luck. I tried having them 256 colors to reduce image file size, but no luck.

The wide images work in the faction selection screen but do not show as the loading screen image after pressing "start game".

I am wondering if anyone else have had this problem and overcame it? Is there somewhere else that must be edited to also use the image at loading image? I only edited faction.xml and FactionTrait.xml.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 8, 2013, 9:27:44 AM
pierredere wrote:
Hi

Viewing of "affinity mapping" must be the name of your faction

What do you mean?

This is what i have in FactionTrait.xml "AFFINITIES" section:

This is what i have in "AFFINITY MAPPINGS" section:

I have only changed the pictures of the faction. Not any names or other references. It just will not replace the loading image :-/
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 8, 2013, 12:25:18 PM
To make your faction:

Downloaded the mod "CandyKingdom" and replace the word "Candy" For the name of your faction in any xml file
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 8, 2013, 5:41:27 PM
Frostion wrote:
I am having problems with replacing a picture.

I noticed that other mods, like the Demo, Uplift and Star Trek, show custom made faction loading screens when starting a new game. What am I doing wrong? smiley: frown

I had a similar problem before with my Fair Fight mod. You are not doing anything wrong, it's a long standing bug in the game that mess up replacement pictures (ie replace pictures already loaded by the game). The only solution i know to work for sure is to turn your mod to standalone; that way the old pictures won't be loaded, only the new ones.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 8, 2013, 9:30:38 PM
Ok I have tried everything! Arghhh! smiley: yell

I even made a brand new mod by copying the "public" folder into a new modding folder. Kept the mod Standalone="true". ONLY replaced the terran wide picture with a new one. Same result smiley: frown It only shows in the faction selection and not as loading screen for the faction.

And yes I tried jpg format instead of png.

I tried 1600x900 instead of 1920x1080.

I tried storing the Wide picture in another folder than my mod's "Gui/DynamicBitmaps/Factions".

Tired loading the game in another resolution.

Is it because the game and its files has been updated since the other mods were made? (like Demo, Uplift and Star Trek) ... And now the game files in the "public" folder have codes that prevent a custom picture being used as faction loading screen picture???

Could someone else please test what I tried? Making a quick new mod by copying "public", give the mod a name, and trying to replace a faction Wide picture and having it show as faction wide and that faction's loading screen smiley: confused
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 9, 2013, 4:34:14 AM
Just tried to do it in my mod; i swapped the Terran icons with the Swarm ones. Work fine for the smaller ones, but the wide one seem to always load the default picture of the faction. At this point i think we need to ask the devs for it...
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment