Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Problem with Special Modules

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Aug 28, 2013, 5:08:45 AM
For some reason the game seems reluctant to equip special modules on ships. They get them eventually, but not as soon as they have the hull and tech for them. Anyone else run into this?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 29, 2013, 1:34:02 AM
How are you specifying the amount of special modules to use in the ship template?

What about the strategic resource requirement, was that satisfied?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 29, 2013, 4:09:56 AM
Those are good ideas. Here is a savegame from the latest version of Super Nova.

Terran Empire - Turn 100.zip

I made sure the Amoeba researched troops before destroyers. You can see their Assault7 design has no troops. If I go into the designer, I can add troops to the ship. The template looks like this:

Any help would be appreciated.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 29, 2013, 10:21:27 PM
I actually don't know the answer, I just figure we might stumble on it by looking at different things.

In this particular template, you seem to be specifying 1 copy each of tonnage module, repair, engine, scout, power, 5 copies of armor, 1 copy of troop, 4, 3, and 2 copies of different defense types and fill up the rest of the space with invasion module. I'm not too familiar with how much space those things take in Super Nova, is there enough space for the troop module left?

Also, I'm not sure about this one, but does it help to put the troop higher up in the repartition list?

I thought the game automatically prioritize all the components with negative weight first but I don't know how it prioritize between different items with negative weight.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 29, 2013, 10:42:14 PM
I think moving the troops first on the list might have fixed it. I also restored the three different types of troop modules so I'm not sure which did it. I'm just glad it's finally working.

Thanks for the help smiley: smile
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 30, 2013, 4:08:05 AM
You block special pods if you don't have a type for a level.

If you develop Troop 1 Type 1 and Troop 2 Type 3 you will not be able to equip your ship with the Troop 2 type 3 until you develop Troop 1 type 3.

This might have been somehow in the AI as well.

On the development screen the problem is simply the pull down won't work.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment