Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Sandbox Rebooted

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Aug 10, 2013, 5:24:17 AM
WhAtEvErYoUmEaN wrote:
Okay, don't take me wrong here - you must never, never put all the Stuff from the Public Modding Folder into a Mod. besides, i already supplied you with an updated Version of Sandbox so please, please start with that.

I really appreciate what you are doing, especially since i don't have the Disharmony DLC my self, but you can't just ship a mod like this.

---

If you have any questions, please ask me - i know this mod blind smiley: wink

Alright, I'll see what else I can do to that, especially since the public folder was MASSIVE, I'll continue working on the mod, since it's during a long holiday, so I might be able to go on a spree, and maybe release the mod.

Edit: So uhh... I found an easy way to port it to Disharmony, using the Sandbox 3.0 you gave us, I have a working version ready for Disharmony, it's being uploaded as I type this.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Oct 14, 2013, 8:50:34 PM
Stasisdrone wrote:
So uhm, I can't get the harmony 0 dust per planet to work, anyways, for now, I will have to pause development of the mod mainly for two reasons

1. Exams are coming up soon, and they're the finals, so I'll have to study

2. My hand is injured, I cannot do any prolonged typing, so expect it to be delayed by around a month

I have a Harmony Version (at least it's compatible) running now, what esle do we need besides 0 Dust per Planet?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 31, 2013, 1:39:29 AM
So uhm, I can't get the harmony 0 dust per planet to work, anyways, for now, I will have to pause development of the mod mainly for two reasons

1. Exams are coming up soon, and they're the finals, so I'll have to study

2. My hand is injured, I cannot do any prolonged typing, so expect it to be delayed by around a month
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 18, 2013, 8:05:49 AM
Barring some oversight on my part (which is entirely possible), this mod ain't working. The original Sandbox in vanilla works fine. Sandbox Rebooted doesn't even appear under Mods while in Disharmony. It does show up after switching to Classic. The game restarts after selecting the mod, but then the mod itself never loads when things come up again.

The mod is installed in /Documents/Endless Space/Modding/....

smiley: confused

Edit:

Problem solved. The "Modding" folder goes in /Documents/Endless Space/Disharmony. smiley: redface
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 16, 2013, 11:00:53 AM
Ok, so uh, I've been struggling with the Harmony 0 dust thing, I can't seem to get it to work, it keeps defaulting to -100% Food consumption per pop, instead of the one I want, any help?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 16, 2013, 10:59:23 AM
Nizla73 wrote:
thanks for the job done guys, you're awesome, the mod works nice for me smiley: biggrin

Great! I already have a minor update that should reduce the file size, and also, coming soon is a semi-major update that will add another trait to the pool

WhAtEvErYoUmEaN wrote:
just post it as an Attachment here, i'll do the rest.

Edit: Okay i found it, nice.

But you don't need to include the original File if you want to change or add a Trait, ES handles that itself.

Yep, figured out after you posted it, I should have another version that works with the DLC, and, it should reduce the file size
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 10, 2013, 8:39:24 PM
just post it as an Attachment here, i'll do the rest.

Edit: Okay i found it, nice.

But you don't need to include the original File if you want to change or add a Trait, ES handles that itself.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 10, 2013, 11:48:14 AM
WhAtEvErYoUmEaN wrote:
Happy to hear that, if you tell me where i would like to include it on the ModDB Thread smiley: biggrin

Anywhere's good, I'm pretty psyched that I successfully managed to make a mod, or at least, port it lol
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 10, 2013, 11:23:35 AM
Stasisdrone wrote:
Alright, I'll see what else I can do to that, especially since the public folder was MASSIVE, I'll continue working on the mod, since it's during a long holiday, so I might be able to go on a spree, and maybe release the mod.

Edit: So uhh... I found an easy way to port it to Disharmony, using the Sandbox 3.0 you gave us, I have a working version ready for Disharmony, it's being uploaded as I type this.

Happy to hear that, if you tell me where i would like to include it on the ModDB Thread smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 21, 2013, 3:18:41 AM
So... I was browsing the mods section here and at moddb, and I came across a sandbox mod by WhAtEvErYoUmEaN, and he discontinued the mod, but, I really want it to work for Disharmony because I want to dabble and see how well my ship designs can/will be, especially for the Harmony.

Give me at least a month or two, then the mod may/may not be out(not confirmed), I will, in that short span of time, learn how to mod this game, and, will have it on this forum..... one day...

Basically, for those who don't know what the Sandbox mod does, here are a list of functions, and I took this from his original post at moddb

• 100% approval on ALL systems
  • No need for food
  • Huge population growth
  • Maxed out Population
  • Full repair on each turn
  • Hyperspeed engines (+1000 PS/T)
  • Bigger fleets
  • More space for modules (+1000)
  • Highest level on ship build
  • 0 upkeep on ships
  • All improvements cost nothing
  • +1000 dust on startup (if Harmony affinity not put in)
  • New heroes each round (as long as you keep firing themsmiley: stickouttongue)
  • More heroes at once
  • Instant max level
  • 900 skillpoints on hiring

So.... As you probably have seen, the first ever release of the mod is out, so, go ahead and download it!

It works flawlessly with the DLC and without, it won't go against you and rebel with every computer on the planet and wipe mandkind out. (I've tested it)

Credit where it's due:

• WhAtEvErYoUmEaN for creating the mod and allowing other people to edit/re-publish it
  • You, for possibly downloading and helping out with the mod, I love you all smiley: kiss

If anyone else is keen to help continue development of the mod, give me a pm or have another post here, the latter being the more effective option.

CHANGELOG

• v3.1
  • Updated Sandbox to DLC Version 1.1

DOWNLOAD IT HERE

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/100436051/Sandbox%20Rebooted%203.1.zip
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 9, 2013, 7:11:50 PM
Stasisdrone wrote:
Hooray, first super early version of the mod is out, the only thing trait that you have is the 100% approval trait, have fun

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gz9yjcfm6ig3u0h/Sandbox%20Rebooted.rar

Sandbox Rebooted.rar

Okay, don't take me wrong here - you must never, never put all the Stuff from the Public Modding Folder into a Mod. besides, i already supplied you with an updated Version of Sandbox so please, please start with that.

I really appreciate what you are doing, especially since i don't have the Disharmony DLC my self, but you can't just ship a mod like this.

---

If you have any questions, please ask me - i know this mod blind smiley: wink
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 4, 2013, 6:43:41 PM
Nizla73 wrote:
in the first mod, i see there is 4/5 traits wich one have 3 or more bonuses, i think it can be nice if you seperate these bonuses of the trait, cause sometimes i just want 1 or 2 bonuses of the trait, but i must have all the others :/ so if you rework the mod, i think it can be a good idea to make 1 trait, for 1 bonuses, and 1 traits especially for make a -500 point too (in case it is possible)

It is possible, trust me - in my Time working on this Mod i just found it easier to organize. - Let's see if he gets that correct

Sadly i don't have the DLC to work on it. - I could separate them and see if they still work for me and then supply you guys and especially the "new" Modder with this Version.

---

Edit: Version 3.0 Classic Branch now ready - updating ModDB Thread at the Moment

http://www.moddb.com/mods/endless-space-sandbox (3.0 Link should apper tomorrow as it needs to go through the validation Process fisrt.)
Sandbox-3.zip
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 4, 2013, 4:18:00 PM
in the first mod, i see there is 4/5 traits wich one have 3 or more bonuses, i think it can be nice if you seperate these bonuses of the trait, cause sometimes i just want 1 or 2 bonuses of the trait, but i must have all the others :/ so if you rework the mod, i think it can be a good idea to make 1 trait, for 1 bonuses, and 1 traits especially for make a -500 point too (in case it is possible)
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 4, 2013, 6:08:29 AM
Quick Update: Mod will be delayed, because of school and time restrictions, don't expect it to be out until around 2-3 months, I'll see if I can make more time to develop the mod.

One more thing, once I get the first 2-3 traits done, I will release a test version of it, expect A LOT of bugs
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 1, 2013, 6:12:51 PM
Stargem wrote:
Would it be possible to turn faction technologies into trait technologies? For example, the Sherydan have a version of Self-Organizing Cities that has a 35% bonus instead of 20%. I would like to be able to set up custom races that can research unique technologies.

As far as i know it is, it's all based on the same Modifier System.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 1, 2013, 8:37:34 AM
Would it be possible to turn faction technologies into trait technologies? For example, the Sherydan have a version of Self-Organizing Cities that has a 35% bonus instead of 20%. I would like to be able to set up custom races that can research unique technologies.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 26, 2013, 11:46:20 PM
Happy to see someone carrys on my work.

I would be happy to help you - i bookmarked this thread and will look at it from time to time. - Please don't PM me, i'll never notice that.

I don't know how far you are, but i'll try to recall everything i did.

FactionTrait.xml:

Trait Name="TraitSandboxSystem" Root="TraitSandboxSystem" Family="TraitAnomaly" Level="1" Cost="-500"

Name - Is just for internal reference as far as i got into it.

Root - The Name of the actual Trait in the EmpireTraitDescriptor.xml

Family - Where it will show up.

Level - How much + or - the UI will show.

Cost - Self explaining ;P

The Descriptor is a bit harder,

How i put this together is basically looking through the Game XML-Files for stuff to use. - Then it was just copy paste and changing values.

The only important thing is that the Traits are always originating from ClassEmpire where the Original XMLs are maybe not, you'll have to test that out.

Other than that you should be pretty fine.

As soon as you are ready with that i would like to update the moddb thread to showcase this.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment