Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Mod questions

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Oct 13, 2013, 9:51:38 PM
Hi!

I'm totally new to ES and have some questions about mods;

1. Can you have more than 1 mod active at the same time? And if so, how?

2. Are there any mods adding factions to play as in the game?

Thanks for all answers, if any.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Oct 13, 2013, 9:59:40 PM
Nitram99 wrote:
Hi!

I'm totally new to ES and have some questions about mods;

1. Can you have more than 1 mod active at the same time? And if so, how?

2. Are there any mods adding factions to play as in the game?

Thanks for all answers, if any.

1) Yes, but usually the creators of the mods are the only ones who can do it, as they could combine the mods and adjust overlapping files as needed.

2) Yes and no. The Sectoid mod technically adds a faction, but it just does that and nothing else (no ships, no affinity, no traits, etc.) The Playable pirates mod is pretty good though, although not technically a novel faction, so to speak. (available in MOD shopping mall)

Of course, that doesn't mean this won't change. You can check out PANCZASU's thread in the Temple of the Flourishing Mind sub-forum, where Vicarious and I are working on making some full blown factions.

Welcome to ES, and Happy Gaming. Don't hesitate to ask any other questions you may have smiley: wink
0Send private message
11 years ago
Oct 14, 2013, 9:58:06 AM
Thanks for the reply!

1. That was a sad thing to hear, that you can't have several mods active at the same time. I'm an experienced Civilization-series player and thus I'm used to have several mods active at the same time.

2. Same for this statement, I'm used to the overflow of playable mod-added civilizations in the Civilization-series, so to hear that there is like only sort-off player-made new faction (as there is "only" 8 playable factions in the classic ES) is kind of sad too.

I have visit the mod shopping mall but there seem to be only small mods that do not add so much by themselves to the game, just minor changes. The game has been out for what, 1 year, already, so I was hoping for a little more in the way of mods. Maybe there are bigger ES communities out there other than this official game developers' one, that have more mods?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Oct 14, 2013, 1:19:43 PM
^^ Yes actually, but just one that I know of with only one mod to offer (A good mod)

Just google "Mass Effect Mod for Endless Space." This is a top notch mod that overhauls ES into basically a Mass Effect base game. But if you were looking for something original, i.e. a new faction from scratch by the community, this isn't it. (They stripped the ship models from Mass Effect and basically made everything as similar as they could)

I recommend trying it, but if you don't like Mass Effect, you won't like this mod.

And yes, the modding support for ES is extremely limited, and modders find themselves almost with their hands tied behind their back. I find it sad that they are shifting so many members of their team to new games while leaving ES somewhat unfinished without giving the modders the ability to really do some cool stuff with the game. Like I have said, the only game that has poorer mod support than ES is Minecraft :/ I still love the devs but its true.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Oct 15, 2013, 2:34:40 AM
Side question: who's kdx (modder of that Mass Effect mod) on this forum? Does he come here?
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment