Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Approval rates

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Nov 22, 2013, 4:03:11 PM
Been banging my head against this for a while, here's what i want to do:

Lock the approval output of a planet at 50% (i.e. content). Meaning nothing whatsoever affects approval on this world, no positive approval, no negative dissaproval. So i need to eliminate overpopulation disapproval, overcolonization disapproval, and negate the approval granted by tax rate, then set the planets approval at the appropriate content level. I've tried a number of methods, none have worked. Ideas?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 22, 2013, 10:47:22 PM
So wait, you want to make a single planet always have 50%?

Approval is only defined at the system and galaxy level. Or did you mean you want to set the system to 50%?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 23, 2013, 12:33:17 PM
Well, I have an idea if LogicSequence means system approval.

EmpireDescriptor.xml

Replace this part of the code

[CODE]Line 214:

[/CODE]

with this part

[CODE]

[/CODE]

and

[CODE]Line 350:

[/CODE]

[CODE]

[/CODE]

StarSystemDescriptor.xml

[CODE]Line 251:

[/CODE]

[CODE][/CODE]

It works. There is also another way to negate expansion and overpopulation disapproval via editing GameDifficultyDescriptor.xml

Example:

[CODE]

[/CODE]

If you don't want the AI to receive any flat approval boni, then you need to edit the line I painted blue as well.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 24, 2013, 8:13:19 PM
Hmmm, well two things... As for approval being system based. How does that work? Star system base approval 0, add empire approval (say +50), then adjust +/- for each planet's local approval bonus/malus? So lets say my empire is at +50, and i have a single planet system, who's planet is +10, that would mean the system has +60 total? Now lets add in another planet, that has -25, then the system would have +35 total?

If that's correct, lets say i want to lock a planet at +/- 0 approval (no help, no harm), then would i just x0 the approval on the planet?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 24, 2013, 8:43:23 PM
1. That's correct, if by empire approval you mean the approval granted by tax rate. More information on the subject you can find here.

2. It looks like a good idea, if you want to negate approval from anomalies and luxury deposits as well.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment