Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Mods not showing

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Dec 21, 2013, 11:15:42 AM
I'm back after a break and no mods show in the list when I start a new game anyone have a clue what I'm doing wrong.

I am adding the mods to the modding folder in ES?

Just call me Luddite
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 21, 2013, 4:11:44 PM
Would you happen to know the path to the folder, its in the default location
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 21, 2013, 5:55:55 PM
The folder is here My Documents\Endless Space\Disharmony\Modding you may have to create the Disharmony\Modding folder. Also the Index.xml in the mod needs to be Disharmony specific, it should look something like this

[CODE]

Disharmony

Me[/CODE]

Note the Disharmony part, hope this helps.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 21, 2013, 6:46:33 PM
Edit: I think I have sorted it you can only use mods in the classic version is that correct?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 21, 2013, 9:47:44 PM
You can use mods in Classic and Disharmony. You just need to add the folders I mentioned above and move the mod into it for Disharmony. If the mod still doesn't show then either your game version is to low compared to the Index.xml or the Disharmony line is missing. Both can be edited, as above, but the mod may not work correctly depending on the differences between your game and the mod.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 21, 2013, 11:45:27 PM
Hmmm odd doesnt work in anything other than classic view, Disharmony has just been bought from Steam so should update on its own I think but thanks I will check
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 3, 2014, 12:28:03 AM
viking74 wrote:
The folder is here My Documents\Endless Space\Disharmony\Modding you may have to create the Disharmony\Modding folder. Also the Index.xml in the mod needs to be Disharmony specific, it should look something like this

[CODE]

Disharmony

Me[/CODE]

Note the Disharmony part, hope this helps.

All these things are done and I still can't see the mod I'm working on in Disharmony.

Edit: I downloaded the Dev's Help the Harmony mod and put it in the correct location. It shows up just fine. Comparing their Index file to mine, mine looks the same except for the mod name, info in the release notes and descriptions sections, but my mod still won't show up on the list.

Edit2: I found the problem and it was something really stupid. In the release notes section of my index file I had used & in some of the text to save space. Replacing every instance of & with and fixed the problem.

This causes the mod to not appear.

[code]

Changed Blah, Blah, Blah & Blah

[/code]

Changing to this allowed the mod to appear.

[code]

Changed Blah, Blah, Blah and Blah

[/code]
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment