Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Looking to craft a custom faction w/ships, looking for advice

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Mar 21, 2014, 10:10:37 AM
I'm wanting to craft up a custom faction, with unique ships, however, my modeling skills are sub-par (learning Blender but still getting the general hang of the system more than anything), and my coding skills are less.

While I'm not asking anyone to help me do all the work, I'm not entirely sure what's involved in the creation of an entirely new race for ES. I've glanced around the forum some, and seen mention of XML files, and with the experiences I had trying to add a new terraforming tech to Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition flopping on me due to lack of knowledge/skills, I'm hoping someone here will be able to throw me some sort of tutorial (Saw AlexiaAtis's tutorial here, but personally have little care for Adventure Time, and when I do tutorials with things like this... I follow step-by-step exactly what folks are saying so that I get a grasp of the concept intended over the instructions given. So didn't seem like it'd feel all that... comfortable coding up.) or series of things to be careful about fiddling with.

I do have the Disharmony expansion, so if there's any additional landmines to worry about with that, I'd love to know ahead of time! I hope to eventually design my own models for the race, but my first goal really boils down to making sure I can get it to work before I really get into crafting up models when I might never actually find I'm able to use them!
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment