Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Construct Additional Sowers

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Jun 5, 2014, 8:20:48 AM
Being terraforming machines, Sowers should not need food to sustain themselves, nor reproduce like other species. And with this mod, they do not.

Sowers no longer consume food, rendering them immune to starvation, but their population growth is permanently frozen. In order to grow, the need to construct a colony ship (which had its population cost removed) and apply it to their planets. In an attempt to keep food relevant to the Sowers and avoid a complete redesign of the tech-tree as was required for the Harmony, Sowers suffer an additional approval penalty based on population but receive approval bonuses for food production. (They grow dissatisfied if their numbers grow without making progress on turning their worlds into a paradise for the Endless.) However, this approval bonus mechanic is only a temporary solution until I can think of a better way the Sowers could use food, and suggestions are welcome.

This mod will eventually be integrated into CACHE: https://www.games2gether.com/endless-space/forum/37-modding/thread/16239-cache-mdd01-community-affinity-combat-and-hero-extension

CAS.zip

ReleaseNotes

- removed the increase d Approval penalty from population for Sowers

- Removed the Approval Bonus for food Surplus for Sowers

- 25% of Food Production added to Dust and Science for Sowers

0.1.0 (Initial Release)

- Sower food consumption fixed at 0

- Sower Approval penalty of 3 points per population

- Sower Approval bonus equal to food produced on System

- Sower population growth factor fixed at 0

- Population cost of Colonization Module set to 0

- Sower AI Positive Growth Factor set to 0.8

- Small reduction to food priority on Sower AI

Known issues:

• Some unforeseen interaction between Food and Approval for Sowers may occur
  • Reduced Population cost for Seed Modules applies to all factions; need to find a penalty that can be selectively applied or get separately defined Seed modules to work
  • No clue how to teach the AI to apply Colony Ships to aleady colonized planets, thus normal growth mechanics are enabled for them

0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 5, 2014, 11:45:15 PM
Gotta run out in just a bit, but I'll play it when I get back. Looks awesome, changes something that's always irked me about the Sowers (Chiefly: Why the need food at all).
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment