Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Disabling specific techs.

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Jul 10, 2014, 12:18:34 PM
Hello everybody,

this is my 1st post on these forums, however I've been lurking for a while already. Obviously I have already searched through these forums, aswell as googled for anything which might answer my question, before I decided to post here.

I would like to adjust some of the start-up options of the game to suit me better - and I already had some success with that, as I managed to get myself some sort of "old/ripe" space settings - 120ish stars with some more resources than before, changed probability of planets (essentially loads upon loads of barren-type planets, with a lot less asteroid belts or planets colonizable from the get-go) and star types (tho supergiants are now acting as red giants, as these weren't included in the game... smiley: sarcastic ). And now there is just one single thing which annoys me greatly:

I went through roughly 120 turns on normal difficulty, in a game with lots of constellations and few wormholes - thus creating a game in which expansion past your home constellation should be somewhat difficult, and defending easier. Well, I wasn't quiet happy when I saw the Horatios merrily ignore lanes and invade one of my planets for which they shouldn't even know (as I placed fleets at the wormholes a lot earlier than such technology got even researched, and blockaded both systems, I find it somewhat amusing that the AI goes "Oh, see, he's got a system over there! We don't know what planets it has, what pops or resources it has, how it's guarded or even its name! Let's assault it!11!11!111!!!"). I realize that it is expected of me to allow this as an advancement in technology, which is perfectly reasonable, but I simply refuse playing a game in which I am outnumbered (by a plain cheating AI, I can't explain it myself in any other way), outexpanded and out-teched and have to defend all my systems at once. Warp drive simply kills the game for me like that, as defense becomes useless. "Defend only the really important planets!" I hear you say - well I don't wish to make such decisions, because I honestly doubt that morale is implemented well enough in this game that it would have proper, plausible consequences.

Anyway, after all this rumbling, I finnaly come to my point, because of which I registered here and started this topic:

What do I need to do to completely disable travelling past the lanes, teleporting or whatever "surprises" still await me. Which files do I have to edit to remove such advancements from specific techs, or remove the techs as a whole. I do wish to proceed further down the tech tree however, so I'd like to have some connections to techs in the outer circles.

Regards, dimovski
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jul 10, 2014, 1:27:40 PM
With the technology you have unlocked, you are no longer constrained by cosmic strings and wormholes. Your only limit is your ambition...
smiley: sarcastic

Too start heres a search result for one of the free movement techs http://pastebin.com/WjPSW9Kc, shows the files and line number it appears on.

To simply make this tech do nothing with minimal impact on the rest of the game edit these blocks on EmpireDescriptor.xml

[CODE]

[/CODE]

The default free speed seems to be zero(no free movement). So set each free movement upgrade value to match MovementFreeMove0 and I would guess the tech would still appear in game and even be unlockable but do nothing. This is a quick fix. Obviously if you want it to be all perfect you would need to edit it out of the tech tree and too.. and maybe other places?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jul 12, 2014, 12:20:24 PM
Just edited it, will see how it goes. Hopefully wormhole travel is still OK tho

EDIT:Everything works. No idea how I can give you any reputation however :/
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment