Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Is there a speed mod???

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Jun 26, 2014, 9:14:18 AM
I just got this game and played a few hours yesterday.

I really liked it, but it's unbelievably slow.

I started with normal speed and after 4 hours I still had only colonized 6 systems and 9 planets, unlocking maybe 3% of the research.

Sadly fast speed is only twice as fast, but I don't want to take 2 hours just to get past the early beginning of a match.

If there is no speed mod, could you link me to a mod tutorial so I could write one myself?

Thanks in advance.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jul 9, 2014, 3:55:44 AM
It might be a matter of you simply not knowing how to play, having just got it. You might want to learn a faction and how to play it well, especially regarding tech. And the basics too. The game is measured in turns, not hours, so you mentioning it in hours says a lot. I don't mean this rudely, but if it took you 4 hours, how many turns were you at?

As far as mods, I think there isn't one, but there is a search function. Try it out.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jul 15, 2014, 7:10:55 AM
There isn't one, I'll save you the search.

As Nurgle said, as you play more you'll learn little tricks and whatnot to speed things up. I always set my games up to go long and I managed to not reach all research topics even with such a ruleset in play! If you like "fast" gameplay, your best bet is Cravers, Sophons or a custom race. Cravers will allow you to expand extremely fast - in fact they'll force you to. Sophons can very quickly rack up some helpful research topics also allowing you to push outwards a bit easier.

All in all though, effeciency will come with experience. Just play a few more games if you want, especially in tiny, dense galaxies. Such games are short but educational.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment