Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Wide Description Portrait

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Aug 3, 2014, 5:24:49 PM
Hello there,

Im new to modding and I started to make my first custom factions Mod (here : https://www.games2gether.com/endless-space/forum/37-modding/thread/16303-endless-civilizations ) with custom portraits, everything works fine else the picture near the Description.

It doesnt seems to work and it takes the "small" picture, which is in that case very pixelised... On the tutorial I can see : "it can be of any sizes", it is an error ? Is there a "default" size for "wide" pictures ?

Look at the code, it looks fine to me : (all my picture are in a CustomFactions folder)

Can someone help me ?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 3, 2014, 6:03:54 PM
Any screenshots to illustrate the problem would help allot smiley: wink

Its been a while since I was making and modding in faction art, but if I remember correctly there is a 32x32 small leader portrait, a 128x128 large leader portrait, and a loading screen (referred to as the wide description or something like that) which has to be at least 1600x900 else weird things happen.

I'm not sure if that is what you were asking about, but as I said screenshots would help.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 3, 2014, 6:49:56 PM
It looks right to me but you must have mixed something up somewhere else. Upload a copy of your work in progress and Ill check it out.

Im am using jpg images with one faction using a wide of 1280x720 and another using a wide of 1900x1200. The wide size really doesnt matter because its scaled by the gui where its used, just get the aspect ratio right. For the small and large stick to 32x32 and 64x64 in all cases.

The official dimensions from icons pdf

attachment http://forums.amplitude-studios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4011&d=1346158467

small 32*32

large 64*64

wide 1920*1080
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 3, 2014, 7:54:00 PM
Small and Large works, but not wide...

Look at this :

The ugly Space Marine isnt the picture I chose for "wide"

Weird...
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 3, 2014, 8:10:17 PM
No way to tell anything from a single line of xml. The only thing I can tell is "you did something wrong". Upload a copy to the net somewhere. PM me if you dont want to put the mod out there yet.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 3, 2014, 10:49:11 PM
Damn just added new factions and it doesnt work anymore on the new factions...

Did it came back to standalone ?? I dont understand, I thought it was fixed definitivly ^^
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 3, 2014, 10:56:36 PM
You can always tell the mods mode from the index.xml, it wont ever switch on its own.

[CODE][/CODE]

Maybe you mistyped somewhere. Its also case sensitive.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 3, 2014, 11:04:17 PM
Oh didnt noticed you modified my code, its why when I replaced the picture with new and old ones the names changed and now nothing works xD

I will fix that easily I hope ^^

Sorry :/
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment