Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Endless Diversity Mod: Vaulter Tech Tree & Colonize Radioactive.

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Aug 14, 2014, 12:38:27 AM
I would have posted this in the thread about the mod, but it seems the author is AWOL. So started a new thread cause I noticed a bug? and was wondering if anyone that has a better understanding of the modding for this game might lend a hand. I just spent several hours looking over the files to see if I could edit it myself but no clue still at this point.

HERE IS THE ISSUE:

Been messing around with the races and playing, noticed that the Vaulters cannot research the Colonize Radioactive tech (the others I played it worked fine) it does not have the line linking it to whatever tech is needed to research it and thus unclickable. Was wondering if anyone could help modifying the files needed to make it work. (All the other colonizations for the new planets work fine, just the Vaulters and the Radioactive tech.)

Any help would be appreciated!!
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 14, 2014, 8:34:28 AM
I haven't played with the mod in question, so I can't be certain if this is the issue, but I suspect that the line to the colonization technology is missing because the prerequisite technology is replaced with a faction-specific technology of the Vaulters.

If you find the colonization technology in the relevant file (probably TechnologyExpansion.xml), you should find a TechnologyDependencies tag. In this tag, simply add the reference name of the tech that should lead to it, after a semicolon.
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 14, 2014, 1:41:18 PM
Thanks guys, I will get around to checking it when I get home later.. It could well be a race specific tech that was used as a prereq, didn't think of that..

@King if you get around to checking it before I can, let me know what you find. I'll update/check this post later today either way. Thanks for reading this guys, it is greatly appreciated.

PS: I personally would love this particular mod added to :P like addition of tiax's anomalies, and larger galaxies (Which I THINK I kinda got added in even though my larger galaxy size names don't display right in the drop downs, will have to count the stars on this test run after I explore all the stars. lol)
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 14, 2014, 8:21:45 PM
Ok, got a chance to take a look at the tech tree. And yes Radioactive Colonization uses the Baryonic Shielding tech which happens to unlock a Class of Ship.

Found what needed to be added into the AGED_TechnologyExpansion.xml

smiley: biggrin Here is a copy and paste of the section of the file which the changes underlined obviously don't underline it once you make the changes, I just did that to show anyone how to make the change if they use Vaulters and AGED. All that needs to be done is add in those 2 changes under sections "TechE08Vaulter" under "Scaled Baryonic Field Projection" and "TechE08VaulterWithColonizeTraitScience03" a bit further down the list. You will notice the other races techs listed so pretty easy. Then just turn the mod off, restart, turn the mod back on restart (Might not have to but I did *shrug*)

!$(TraitScience03Default)

TechE08;TechE08Terran;TechE08Swarm;TechE08Sophon;TechE08Horatio;TechE08Hissho;TechE08Sower;TechE08Amoeba;TechE08Resistance;TechE08Automaton;TechE08Emperor;TechE08Harmony;TechE08Vaulter

%TechGEM02Title

%TechGEM02Description

$(TraitScience03Default)

TechE08WithColonizeTraitScience03;TechE08TerranWithColonizeTraitScience03;TechE08SwarmWithColonizeTraitScience03;TechE08SophonWithColonizeTraitScience03;TechE08HoratioWithColonizeTraitScience03;TechE08HisshoWithColonizeTraitScience03;TechE08SowerWithColonizeTraitScience03;TechE08AmoebaWithColonizeTraitScience03;TechE08ResistanceWithColonizeTraitScience03;TechE08AutomatonWithColonizeTraitScience03;TechE08EmperorWithColonizeTraitScience03;TechE08HarmonyWithColonizeTraitScience03;TechE08VaulterWithColonizeTraitScience03

%TechGEM02Title

%TechGEM02Description

0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 15, 2014, 2:08:24 PM
warlordalpha wrote:
Ok, got a chance to take a look at the tech tree. And yes Radioactive Colonization uses the Baryonic Shielding tech which happens to unlock a Class of Ship.

Found what needed to be added into the AGED_TechnologyExpansion.xml

smiley: biggrin Here is a copy and paste of the section of the file which the changes underlined obviously don't underline it once you make the changes, I just did that to show anyone how to make the change if they use Vaulters and AGED. All that needs to be done is add in those 2 changes under sections "TechE08Vaulter" under "Scaled Baryonic Field Projection" and "TechE08VaulterWithColonizeTraitScience03" a bit further down the list. You will notice the other races techs listed so pretty easy. Then just turn the mod off, restart, turn the mod back on restart (Might not have to but I did *shrug*)

!$(TraitScience03Default)

TechE08;TechE08Terran;TechE08Swarm;TechE08Sophon;TechE08Horatio;TechE08Hissho;TechE08Sower;TechE08Amoeba;TechE08Resistance;TechE08Automaton;TechE08Emperor;TechE08Harmony;TechE08Vaulter

%TechGEM02Title

%TechGEM02Description

$(TraitScience03Default)

TechE08WithColonizeTraitScience03;TechE08TerranWithColonizeTraitScience03;TechE08SwarmWithColonizeTraitScience03;TechE08SophonWithColonizeTraitScience03;TechE08HoratioWithColonizeTraitScience03;TechE08HisshoWithColonizeTraitScience03;TechE08SowerWithColonizeTraitScience03;TechE08AmoebaWithColonizeTraitScience03;TechE08ResistanceWithColonizeTraitScience03;TechE08AutomatonWithColonizeTraitScience03;TechE08EmperorWithColonizeTraitScience03;TechE08HarmonyWithColonizeTraitScience03;TechE08VaulterWithColonizeTraitScience03

%TechGEM02Title

%TechGEM02Description

Great !

I was busy yesterday and I see you were faster than me smiley: wink

Thank you ! Hope it will works fine smiley: wink
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 18, 2014, 6:21:58 PM
Yeap, as far as I have test played it works absolutely fine! Played a game with default Vaulter faction and a custom Vaulter faction. Both were able to research it just fine.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment