Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Need help adding Ship Models to a Mod

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Sep 19, 2014, 9:20:59 PM
I am having a hard time figuring out how to add the full range of a new ship model to a Mod. I've gotten this far:

As you can see, the ships look different. I'm going for the one in the little box.

I can't figure out how to add the other stuff (.obj and .mtl files, etc) to make the model appear correctly in the galaxy view or space battles. I just get that little mesh thing in the fleet view by altering the hull.xml file.

If someone could explain how to do this as simply as possible, I would appreciate it. I think the info is out there, I just don't speak Programmer and am having a difficult time following the tutorials I've found. Altering the index.xml file seems to be the key, but I spent a few hours messing around with that today, and the mod refused to load with it's new instructions, so I'm obviously doing something wrong.

I'm using Brother and his brother's Star Trek models that they got from somewhere else, and as far as I know I have all the files I need, I just don't know where to put them and what instructions to give to which .xml file.

Help!
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 19, 2014, 9:45:34 PM
I would be really interrested to know how to do this...

Sadly, cant help you bro, sorry :/
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment