Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Heavy Nova Mod Launched

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jul 10, 2013, 11:24:32 PM
Version 2.4

Updated Heavy Nova to support Endless Space 1.1.9.3 by merging changes to the xml files.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 7, 2013, 9:01:54 PM
Since there is interest in this mod, I'm publishing the last changes I made to it.

Version 2.1

Increased the free speed bonus from technology by +1 per level.

Increased the free speed bonus from engines.

Restored the AI bonuses and penalties for buyout and healing to all difficulty levels.

There won't be any more updates to Heavy Nova as I've moved on to Super Nova for Disharmony.

Enjoy,

Silvermane
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 7, 2013, 11:42:44 PM
LetoSilvermane wrote:
It works fine for me on the newest Classic version. I didn't have to update anything.

Okay, thanks for the reply.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 9, 2013, 7:02:52 PM
Bug report.

Just tried this on classic (did not enjoy disharmony). Custom race with game speed set to slow.

A few turns after start of play the population of my home world is reduced from 3 to 1 and birth rate goes to 0% on my HW and on my first colony. I think the AI races are affected too as they aren't growing. Bug was repeated when I reset and tried again.

Update: Seems to be caused when game speed set to slow. Growth observed with normal game speed.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 9, 2013, 9:53:14 PM
Heavy Nova doesn't affect population. This is a bug with the underlying game. I was able to reproduce it without the mod.

Nonetheless, I'm happy to fix it for you, for free, the same day it's reported.

I recommend playing the game on normal speed just in case there are other bugs.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 9, 2013, 9:54:46 PM
Version 2.2

Removed the free speed bonus from Engine I because it allowed free speed travel without the requisite tech.

Engine II and above will still allow free speed travel without the requisite tech, but it isn’t as much of an issue because they come later in the game.

Fixed a bug in the game reported by someone who wanted to play the mod on slow speed. The homeworld population was reduced to 1 after 1 turn.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 10, 2013, 2:46:28 AM
Version 2.3

Fixed a reported bug where the Sheredyn affinity was not available when creating a custom faction.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 10, 2013, 5:49:02 PM
Thanks Leto

Just gave it a go with the updated mod. Population on HW does not drop now but growth rate on all planets is still set to zero, so no growth no matter how long you play (on slow).
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 10, 2013, 6:40:00 PM
Looks like this is caused by changes in the latest version of Endless Space.

I'll look into updating the mod.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 11, 2013, 7:01:57 PM
excuse me, author of this mod, I'm writing my own mod and, in my play-testing, I've upgraded the AI using some of your files. Granted, I changed a few things (such as giving the AI more incentive to spam Dreadaughts without end), but some of your work will be used. Fact of the matter is that it would be a bit of a pain to remove all the AI files just to release the updated version of my mod, especially since Players would have to go through all the figuring I did to put them back in. I'm merely asking your permission before I continue development.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 12, 2013, 1:25:58 AM
You can use the Heavy Nova AI as long as you give proper credit in your mod.

Cheers,

Silvermane
0Send private message
11 years ago
Sep 17, 2013, 3:56:20 AM
I guess i should take a look. I also did a lot of AI tweaks and improvements (in Fair Fight), maybe there are a few things we could share.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Sep 17, 2013, 5:59:52 PM
Hi Foraven,

Feel free to use any good ideas you find in the Heavy Nova mod, just don't forget to give credit. It seem to me that the devs have moved on, most of the player base has moved on, so I've moved on too. I'm playing Stronghold Kingdoms and Elemental Enchantress these days.

Cheers,

Silvermane
0Send private message
11 years ago
Sep 18, 2013, 12:39:49 AM
LetoSilvermane wrote:
Hi Foraven,

Feel free to use any good ideas you find in the Heavy Nova mod, just don't forget to give credit. It seem to me that the devs have moved on, most of the player base has moved on, so I've moved on too. I'm playing Stronghold Kingdoms and Elemental Enchantress these days.

Cheers,

Silvermane

Sad you moved on, i think a few of my AI tweaks could have been useful to your mod. I don't think everyone has moved on, more like many are waiting for fixes and changes as the EXP is filled with issues.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Oct 30, 2013, 1:04:26 AM
Hello, I'm new to the game and enjoying it. I've started trying out a couple mods but only finding problems so far. My current game using this mod has the following problem: I sent a colony ship to a star system and colonized a "medium ocean" planet with a red anomaly attached, "strong magnetic field." Unfortunately the population after colonization remains at zero.

Is anyone maintaining this mod? I'm 0 for 2 with mods; perhaps inactive mods should be moved to a separate area so newbies like myself don't waste time like this? Thank you.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Oct 30, 2013, 4:02:41 AM
Hello Stormlover,

Thanks for trying the Heavy Nova mod. If you have the Disharmony expansion then I recommend you use the Super Nova mod. Otherwise, I've restored the design document linked in the first post so you and others can see what this mod affects. This mod doesn't change planets or population growth rates so I doubt it is the cause of the problem.

If you move your cursor over the clock icon the arrow is pointing at, then the game will pop up a tooltip that shows the birthrate. That might provide a clue as to why it is not growing.

If you attach your save game, I'll load it up on my computer and see if I can figure out what is going on.

Cheers,

Silvermane
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 15, 2013, 7:33:12 AM
I just want you to know that I really appreciate your efforts.

This is the only mod I currently use and I'm really pleased with it.

I hope you continue improving it.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 6, 2013, 1:07:03 AM
I added the specs for the defense modules to the design document in the latest version. Let me know if you need anything else.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 8, 2013, 4:46:55 AM
Version 1.2

Raised the research priority for key technologies: heavy isotope refineries, lasers, shields, and magnetic field generators.

Updated the ship templates to allow the AI to pick the defenses (losing race specific ship designs).

Increased corvettes weight to 75 to solve a problem with weaponless ships.

Added the localization folder to the mod directory so ship names are displayed correctly.

Calculated the MP for modules (instead of estimating) so fleet strengths are more accurate.

Increased offensive retreat by 1 round so kinetic weapons have time to reach target.

Increased the weight of weapons to reduce lethality (favoring shorter range weapons) and spray from larger fleets.

Increased allied healing percent to reward returning to a friendly port for repairs.

Reduced weapon accuracies so the best weapon for the range stands out more.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 9, 2013, 6:17:29 PM
Version 1.3

Minimized the number of corvettes in enemy fleet composition because they are rendered obsolete by destroyers.

Reduced missile damage and increased kinetic weapon damage to balance the weapons out.

Normalized the missile interception accuracy and evasion to 2 and 9 per tech level. 3 tries at 2 equals 6 in 9. Halved by competing dice rolls results in 33% chance.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 11, 2013, 12:42:19 AM
Version 1.4

Doubled invasion module strength to make colony defense buildings more useful and necessary.

Gave missiles +33% MP and kinetics -33% MP to account for range impact on military power.

The cost of weapons and defenses now scale to twice as high so ships are not produced too quickly by late game economies.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 12, 2013, 10:49:05 PM
Version 1.5

Redesigned the AI for research and colony improvements using a new technique that makes the computer controlled factions more effective.

You can now use the balanced governor to develop your star systems using my strategy or with a bit of work change the priorities.

Added color coded planetary anomalies.

Improved normal pirate difficulty to provide a smooth progression.

Removed the resource requirements for hulls to encourage larger hulls in AI fleets.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 14, 2013, 12:50:16 AM
Version 1.6

The AI will only build habitat improvements when the star system population is almost full.

The AI will research planet colonization technologies sooner.

The AI will only build ship quality improvements when a star system has a minimum industry of 50, 100, 200, and 400.

The evil races will place a higher priority on fleets while the good races prioritize colony development.

The evil races tend to rush to war while the good races tend to prepare more first.

The evil races tend to be more paranoid while the good races tend to be more trusting.

The good races tend to value peaceful relations more than the evil ones.

All races will become more hostile to a faction that gets too far ahead.

Made lasers short range and kinetic weapons medium range because it fits better with the fire rate and projectile speed required to balance the range advantage.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 1, 2013, 3:16:48 PM
Heavy Nova rebalances fleet combat in Endless Space Classic

Here are some reasons you might want to try it:

1. The fleet battles look better and the visuals now accurately reflect the actual damage being done.

2. The other factions are more challenging with properly designed ships and improved AI.

3. You will get a smoother progression through the campaign because all items increase proportionally.

4. More strategies and choices are viable because costs and benefits are more closely balanced.

Heavy Nova is available on SkyDrive:

Design Document: no longer available

HeavyNova.zip: no longer available
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 15, 2013, 2:16:48 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I didn't think anyone was using the mod. I'm currently trying to get the AI to colonize more vigorously in the beginning of the game because that's why they lose in my games. I'll post 1.7 after I play test it.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 16, 2013, 5:35:41 AM
Version 1.7

Fixed several problems that prevented the AI controlled factions from performing well.

I used to steamroll over the other factions on serious difficulty. Now, at turn 80, I'm in second place, I just lost one of my fleets, and I'm not sure I'm going to win.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 18, 2013, 3:00:37 AM
Version 1.8

Tweaked the AI personalities for balance, variety, and effectiveness.

Minor adjustments to the AI research order based on play testing.

Improved the AI templates for destroyers based on play testing.

Increased the cost of corvette hulls to discourage the AI from building them.

Granted Sowers the entrepreneur trait because they tend to lag behind the other factions as a result of cash flow problems.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 21, 2013, 8:13:14 PM
Version 1.9

The AI for research and star system improvements is now balanced between following an optimal path and responding to changing conditions.

Improved AI ship design templates.

The AI/governors will not build approval buildings when the star system approval is already ecstatic.

The AI/governors will not colonize a planet unless the star system approval is content or above.

The AI/governors will only build defense improvements when the star system has enough money to cover the upkeep or it is blockaded.

The AI/governors will build Abundant Luxuries with the lowest priority.

Adjusted weapon accuracies to make lasers more useful.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 21, 2013, 10:01:40 PM
I'm quite proud of what I've been able to accomplish with the AI.

Here is an example of Endless Space with the Heavy Nova AI.

These are the settings for the game. 8 races in a spiral galaxy on serious difficulty. I'm using a custom faction with all the best traits.

Here is the score at 50 turns. I'm playing as LT411. Notice that I'm in 4th place. They never used to be able to outgrow me like that.

Here is the battle for the center at 50 turns. I was only able to grab two star systems. The Amoeba have 3, the Sophons 2, the Sowers 1, and the Automatons 1. All the factions are now competitive.

Next comes the fleet engagements. They have all three weapon types and defenses available by now. They have destroyers and will soon have cruisers. They have repair modules in all their ships. They have enough command points to group their ships into dangerous fleets. Most of the tricks used to get an advantage are gone. They should put up a great fight.

I can't beat the game on serious any more.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 24, 2013, 5:27:28 AM
Version 2.0

Redesigned the difficulty levels. See design document for details.

Redesigned the faction personalities. See design document for details.

Removed power and repair modules from corvette templates because the game always installs the largest which doesn’t leave enough space for weapons late in the game.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 24, 2013, 6:43:20 AM
The AI is more challenging than ever, I can easily say that.

Despite the fact that I would love to make some changes on it, I'm still truly amazed by what you've achieved with this mod so far.

Keep up the good work.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment