Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Any way to determine if a improvement has already been built by ANY empire?

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Feb 18, 2015, 3:02:44 AM
I'd like to create improvements that can only be built once in the galaxy, ala "wonders". Is there any PathsPrerequisites that can be used to prevent the building of an improvement if ANY empire has already built it?

Something similar to this method used to prevent construction if the improvement has been built in the player's empire already, but on an galaxy wide scale:

!$(../ClassEmpire/ClassStarSystem/StarSystemImprovementUniqueImprovement)
0Send private message
10 years ago
Feb 18, 2015, 3:05:47 PM
LogicSequence wrote:
I'd like to create improvements that can only be built once in the galaxy, ala "wonders". Is there any PathsPrerequisites that can be used to prevent the building of an improvement if ANY empire has already built it?

Something similar to this method used to prevent construction if the improvement has been built in the player's empire already, but on an galaxy wide scale:

!$(../ClassEmpire/ClassStarSystem/StarSystemImprovementUniqueImprovement)

I believe it's not possible to implement into the game PathsPrerequisites working on a galaxy wide scale through modding. But you can try to use a different (not civ-like) mechanic: once a faction researches a tech that unlocks a wonder, the wonder is locked for all other factions in the game thanks to a non-random event that's activated upon researching the tech. In other words, if you want to grab a wonder, be the first who researches the tech unlocking it. It's probably doable, but I'm not sure.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment