Mod Shopping Mall

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Dec 9, 2013, 8:06:09 PM
Oh, yeah, guess I should add this here:

Endless Homestuck: A Fan Mod

Current Version: 1.0.1

Last Release Date: Jan. 4, 2014

ES Compatible: 1.1.33 (should be 34 too, actually, given that most of the development and testing was done against that one)

Thread: Here

Fan conversion adding the world of Homestuck (by Andrew Hussie at http://www.mspaintadventures.com/) to Endless Space. Current version replaces Hero list with Homestuck characters and planets with the various Lands of Sburb (still working on the custom texture maps).
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 23, 2013, 10:43:52 PM
Version: v0.1

Compatibility: ES Disharmony v1.1.17

My 1st mod... It's something fairly basic but I couldn't find it anywhere. It ups the max number of players to 12.

To accommodate the larger number of players I made 4 new map sizes and changed the region files for Disc, Disc-4 and Ovoid galaxy types to support up to 12 player spawn locations.

I'll fix more galaxy types when I have some free time. Also working on integrating Dagobert's alternativ Galaxy Generation.

Grab it here: /#/endless-space/forum/37-modding/thread/16347-bigger-galaxies-with-more-people-in-them
0Send private message
11 years ago
Sep 13, 2013, 3:34:55 PM
Updated with the latest mods. If you guys have made anything fun: I'll add it to the list, but please, post it in the thread with a description and a link to your thread. smiley: smile
0Send private message
11 years ago
Sep 18, 2013, 2:11:38 PM

Hi everyone,

Before we release this modification in our next public update for Disharmony, we would love to get your feedback, so let's see if this how this goes! The features we are working are in progress, hence the mod. Please, note that this is only available for players who own the Disharmony expansion pack; it was the result of the community’s “Help the Harmony” campaign.

smiley: approval Feel free to discuss in the original thread.

smiley: warning Download the mod: HelpHarmony.rar

RELEASE NOTES

BattleDescriptor.xml

• Added a reduction on damage for weapon which are not firing during their range specialty: -50% damage

DiplomaticBehavior.xml

• Fixed an issue on a diplomatic behaviour: reduces the probability of multiple wars

GameDifficultyDescriptor.xml

• Fixed a bug regarding the Normal Difficulty reported on the forum
  • Rebalanced game difficulty progression for Harmony

EmpireDescriptor.xml

• Added a property HasTolerantTrait

EmpireTraitDescriptor.xml

• Fixed a bug regarding tolerant trait and starting technology reported by the community

FactionTrait.xml

• Lowered cost of Mineral Memory from 15 to 5

PlanetDescriptor.xml

• Disharmony now affects the planet only and not the system anymore: thus the player can more easily colonise planets with dust and earn some industry / resources from it. However, the science and food will decrease faster than before but only on the planet
  • Fixed an issue on several effects related to natural wonders

PlanetInfrastructure.xml and PlanetInfrastructureDescriptor.xml

• Added a new planetary infrastructure for Harmony which increases the local deposit of a strategic resource by 1

PlanetInfrastructure.xml

• Modified PathPrerequisites for the new Strategic Resource Improvement in order to show it only when the player discovered the strategic resource

StarSystemDescriptor.xml

• Removed penalty related to ownership for Harmony: feedback needed as it might be too strong
  • Removed disharmony on system

StarSystemImprovement.xml

• Reduced cost of StarSystemImprovementUniqueHarmony from 500 to 300

StarSystemImprovement.xml and StarSystemImprovementDescriptor.xml

• Modified the tool tip of StarSystemImprovementDefense4Harmony, thus the bonus in Food and Science is added to the list of modifier

SpecialModule.xml

• Divided damage done by bombers by 2

Technology.xml

• Added the unlock of the new planetary improvement for the Harmony

TechnologyExpansion.xml

• Replaced one of the unique technology of the Pilgrim which was not aesthetically positioned

WeaponModule.xml

• Increased long range accuracy and efficiency
  • Modified MP to reflect the used tonnage

Reminder: you need to download the attachment above, then unzip and place it in your modding folder (Documents > Endless Space > Disharmony > Modding). If the Modding folder does not exist, simply create a new folder and rename it "Modding" and you should be good to go!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Oct 30, 2013, 4:06:23 AM
It appears many mods were created at version 1.0.4. then left to die. I'm new here and have tried two "major" mods (Fair Fight, and Heavy Nova) on Classic ES from Steam... neither of them worked properly (I made specific comments in the appropriate threads.)

It would be more than simply useful to have some kind of separation or delineation between current and old mods, it would prevent new clients from getting irritated with a product they're just starting to use. Get my drift?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Oct 30, 2013, 12:09:26 PM
Strange, both Fair Fight and Heavy Nova are relatively current mods and, given you used the most current version of them, should run with the current version of the game.

The best indicator should be if there also is a thread about a mod on the first page of this sub-forum.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 2, 2013, 2:43:17 PM
Heavy Nova has two versions, one for classic ES, one for disharmony, maybe the wrong version was used?

I agree though that the first post is not well labeled. All of my mods are for Disharmony and they all get lumped under Classic. This is also true for one or two other Disharmony mod I think. There is no indication of the active status of a particular mod project. All in all, the first post is not a good summary of the current state of mod development.

It would be nice if whoever moderates this thread could take a look at the various threads on this sub-forum, instead of just the post in this thread and give a more representative summary.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 4, 2013, 12:05:40 AM
Actually... why not just sort the listing on the first page by vanilla/disharmony and put the version number they were released for there, or perhaps the date of the last release? That'd clear things up for people who are new to the mods. Or who get sidetracked for six months and then come back and go 'what do you mean they made an expansion?!', like me. smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 4, 2013, 12:55:32 AM
Kuroji wrote:
Actually... why not just sort the listing on the first page by vanilla/disharmony and put the version number they were released for there, or perhaps the date of the last release? That'd clear things up for people who are new to the mods. Or who get sidetracked for six months and then come back and go 'what do you mean they made an expansion?!', like me. smiley: biggrin

If I remember right, I was gone for 2 months over the summer and was like 'WTF what do you mean they are making 2 new games?!?!'
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 5, 2013, 3:39:10 PM
A Galaxy of Endless Diversity

Current Version: 1.5.0

Release Date: November 5, 2013

Last Updated: February 25, 2015

Compatible With: Disharmony 1.1.54

Release Thread: RELEASE: A Galaxy of Endless Diversity

Development Thread: MOD: A Galaxy of Endless Diversity

Summary: "A Galaxy of Endless Diversity (AGED) adds new content to Endless Space, with the aim of diversifying the options available to the player. AGED adds eight (8) new planet types to Endless Space, each with at least one unique planetary or star system improvement associated with that planet. Along with these new planets, of course, come several new technologies unlocking the ability to colonize and/or terraform these new worlds. AGED also adds several new anomalies, technologies, and planetary/star system improvements not directly linked to these new planets, while also adding some custom flare and further colorization to some of the game's text and faction color schemes.

A Galaxy of Endless Diversity is visually styled to fit seamlessly within Endless Space's existing graphical style. Each planet type has been carefully crafted as not to appear out of place in the Endless Space universe, just as the various User Interface (UI) components have been designed to fit within the Endless Space UI without seeming as though they do not belong. Painstaking detail, much of it contributed by others in the modding community, has been given to completing the flavor text and descriptions associated with the new additions of the mod, creating, I hope, a completely immersive experience that makes the player forget he or she has even activated a mod to begin with!"

DOWNLOAD v1.5.0
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 2, 2013, 8:48:19 PM
Stealth_Hawk wrote:
If I remember right, I was gone for 2 months over the summer and was like 'WTF what do you mean they are making 2 new games?!?!'

Ditto

Then again I have been away for 6 months smiley: redface

A version number of the mod along with the vanilla/disharmony is a great suggestion. I'd add the last time the mod was updated too, as ES changes each time Amplitude release an update, unless you've switched off the auto-update feature in Steam.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 4, 2013, 1:57:21 PM
I highly encourage you, if you guys want to start a new thread listing all the mods with more details. smiley: smile I'll sticky it and everything. smiley: approval
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 4, 2013, 2:01:53 PM
Steph'nie wrote:
I highly encourage you, if you guys want to start a new thread listing all the mods with more details. smiley: smile I'll sticky it and everything. smiley: approval

just out of curiosity, could this thread be moderated as to create a thread that has only posts about new mods and their details? It would be nice to have a nice, clean, detailed, mod shopping mall in my opinion.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 8, 2013, 3:02:09 PM
If we were to go for a clean-up of this the shopping mall, with the suggested changes to include the date, version and for which ES (vanilla or Disharmony), then...

... what would be the best way to do this (tools, A shared google doc?)

... who would do it and what would they need to do so?

... how would it be policed so that it remains up-to-date and info is complete?

Just thinking out loud really, as the means to accomplish this may already exist in the forum tools but I'm not sure where or how.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 6, 2013, 3:40:03 PM
Super Nova is an alternative design of Endless Space Disharmony v1.1.9.3:

1. Redesigned Planets

2. Redesigned Star System Improvements

3. Redesigned Ships, Weapons, Defenses

4. Redesigned Factions and Pirates

5. Redesigned Technology Tree

6. Redesigned Battle Cards

7. Redesigned Strategic Resource Requirements

8. Redesigned Combat Visuals

9. Redesigned AI and Difficulty Levels

10. Miscellaneous Changes

For more info, follow the link:

/#/endless-space/forum/37-modding/thread/16331-super-nova-disharmony
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 28, 2013, 9:29:14 PM
Current Version: 0.1.0

Release Date: December 28, 2013

Compatible With: Disharmony 1.1.39

Summary:

Adds planet terraforming options for size and asteroid to barren conversion.

TODO: Adds and modifies anomalies.

Much of the hard work for this was done by Tiaxium and Evil Tactician. This is mainly a pull from their original code and updated.

Planetsize and Anomaly Overhaul by Tiaxium:-

http://forums.amplitude-studios.com/...e-Terraforming

(http://forums.amplitude-studios.com/...omaly-Overhaul)

Imperium Aterna by Evil Tactician:-

http://www.manapool.co.uk/endless-sp...m-aeterna-mod/

/#/endless-space/forum/37-modding/thread/16197-endless-planets-rework-of-existing-mods
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 10, 2014, 7:58:13 PM
I have version 1.1.42 and Super Nova Mod crashes upon loading. As I'm new to Steam, is there a way I can roll back to version 1.1.39 which is what Super Nova is indicated to be compatible with? I assume that will fix the loading crash. I apologize in advance if this was an inappropriate post for this thread but didn't know where else to post this request. Thanks
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jul 6, 2014, 8:05:22 PM
Well, here are a few early versions of stuff I'm working on.

• CACHE Combat Rebalance

Complete re-balance of the combat system to provide clearer choices while preserving overall combat design
  • Construct Additional Sowers

Sowers no longer consume food or grow, instead relying on colony ships to gain population
  • Social Engineering Constructions

Several Improvements restricted to home systems that provide empire-wide bonuses, to simulate "social engineering" game mechanics of other titles. Proof of Concept only so far.

0Send private message
10 years ago
Jul 7, 2014, 3:54:01 AM
I am getting errors on the Playable Pirates and Pirate Skins mods. Is it because of the update differences?
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 26, 2014, 1:35:41 PM
Hey Guys,

i just started to Play Endless Space anbd i like it very much.

Now i want to try a few Mods. But i dont want change too much. So i thought about the Imperium Aeterna or Ultima Ratio Mod. Can me tell someone if this Mods are still working fine with the newest Version 1.1.9?

Thanks

Tim
0Send private message
10 years ago
Feb 1, 2015, 12:06:58 AM
All software currently is not working, there is none here that are currently up to date.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Feb 25, 2015, 9:00:54 AM
A Galaxy of Endless Diversity v1.5.0 Update

Current Version: 1.5.0

Release Date: November 5, 2013

Last Updated: February 25, 2015

Compatible With: Disharmony 1.1.54

Summary: "A Galaxy of Endless Diversity (AGED) adds new content to Endless Space, with the aim of diversifying the options available to the player. AGED adds eight (8) new planet types to Endless Space, each with at least one unique planetary or star system improvement associated with that planet. Along with these new planets, of course, come several new technologies unlocking the ability to colonize and/or terraform these new worlds. AGED also adds several new anomalies, technologies, and planetary/star system improvements not directly linked to these new planets, while also adding some custom flare and further colorization to some of the game's text and faction color schemes.

A Galaxy of Endless Diversity is visually styled to fit seamlessly within Endless Space's existing graphical style. Each planet type has been carefully crafted as not to appear out of place in the Endless Space universe, just as the various User Interface (UI) components have been designed to fit within the Endless Space UI without seeming as though they do not belong. Painstaking detail, much of it contributed by others in the modding community, has been given to completing the flavor text and descriptions associated with the new additions of the mod, creating, I hope, a completely immersive experience that makes the player forget he or she has even activated a mod to begin with!"

DOWNLOAD v1.5.0
0Send private message
0Send private message
9 years ago
Sep 15, 2015, 9:17:57 PM
Mods by Tadrinth:

Jungle Automatons

https://github.com/tadrinth/endless-space-jungle-automatons

(Choose download as zip)

Changes the Automatons to have affinity for Jungle planets instead of Terran planets.

Specifically:

* Automaton special tech that grants early access to Terran terraformation now grants Jungle terraforming instead

* Automatons now have a unique version of the tech for Ocean/Jungle terraforming which grants Ocean/Terran isntead

* AI valuation for special Automaton terraforms adjusted

* Automaton Hydrosequencing variant now grants bonuses per pop on Jungle instead of Terran

Compatible with Disharmony 1.1.58.

Last updated September 15, 2015.
0Send private message
0Send private message
9 years ago
Dec 11, 2015, 3:44:03 PM
Imperium Aeterna 2.0.0 has been released for Disharmony 1.1.58.

/#/endless-space/forum/37-modding/thread/16336-imperium-aeterna

v2.0.0

• First Imperium Aeterna release compatible with Disharmony 1.1.58.
  • Overhauled Long/Medium/Short Range Mechanics from Disharmony into Heavy/Normal/Light variants of each weapon.
  • Tooltip Bug Fixes, fixing bugs which Amplitude introduced in Vanilla patches.

0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 24, 2013, 3:56:37 AM
Just a small mod (my first one ever) intended to make terraforming more realistic. I just deleted some terraforming options that are not realistic. So now it is no more possible to convert a lava planet into an arctic planet or a dry planet into a waterworld etc. in one step.

The mod is based on v. 1.0.49 of the game. I tested it with 1.0.60. Since I only changed two files, the only conceivable problems with v. 60 would concern a bugfix with the sowers. As it happened, I tested the mod with the sowers and had no probs.

With v. 65, the new feature of gas giant terraforming will not be available if you use this mod. But should it be?

RealisticTerraforming.zip
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 24, 2012, 10:59:30 AM
[HR][/HR]Colored Anomalies[HR][/HR]

This is a very simple mod that changes the names of the Anomalies based on their effects.

Green: Only beneficial (or cleansed) effects.

Orange: Anomaly has both harmful and beneficial effects and can be cleansed.

Red: Harmful effects only.

Gray: this used to be a harmful (red) anomaly. It has no longer any effects at all.

Example:

smiley: speed

Please note that "(-)" and "(--)" are not shown anymore on cleansed anomalies.

Additionally the Exploitation types are also colored according to their type.

smiley: commandpointsDownload: coloredanomalies_v13.zipsmiley: commandpoints

Please leave some feedback in original thread ! smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 3, 2012, 3:05:13 PM
Sandbox Mod

Update Status: 3.1 (June 14th 2014)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mod Manager

Update Status: 2.1 (June 11th 2014)

0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 8, 2012, 1:39:40 PM
Imperium Aeterna Mod

Last update: December 11, 2015 (v2.0.0)

ES version: Disharmony 1.1.58

Thread: /#/endless-space/forum/37-modding/thread/16336-imperium-aeterna

Official Mod Page: Imperium Aeterna Mod

Summary: Improves aspects of the Vanilla game to provide balance and enjoyment.

Feature summary (see official page for full details):

• A new Tech Tree, adding 5 Technologies (with custom icons!), which each give a new System Improvement (see screenshots).
  • Planet Creation, a new technology near the bottom of the Expansion tree which enables you to terraform Asteroids into Barren planets.
  • PlanetSize Terraforming, new technologies which enable you to increase the size of planets.
  • An overhaul of the Combat Modules, which adds more depth to ship design (see v1.4.0 release history notes for changes).
  • Reworked the Ship Classes, so there are now 5 distinct classes instead of minor variations (v1.5.0).
  • Added defense bonuses to Engine modules to make the higher ones more viable in Ship Design.
  • Coloured Anomalies – making it much easier to spot positive and negative anomalies on the system view.
  • Coloured Planet Types – making it much easier to distinguish between the different tiers.
  • Coloured Exploitations – making it easier to distinguish between exploitation types.
  • Coloured Tooltip Benefits – making it easy to instantly spot what benefit applies to what aspect of your empire.

0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 28, 2012, 12:50:49 PM
Last update--5-31-2014. Yup, I'm one of the ghosts still lingering around here, heh heh.

Tiax's Anomaly Overhaul

Version Note: Updates are available for Disharmony--check the version history to get the right one for you. I will continue to update the mod for vanilla and disharmony in parallel. I DO NOT have the Vaulter faction, but I can still edit them to include the new changes, so keep an eye on them for issues.

Intro: I got bored and somewhat disenchanted with the current anomaly reductions being Adaptive Colonies and Soil Revivification. Many anomalies mention using certain technologies (or something similar to them) that a faction may not have even researched yet. I figured, "Why put all of the anomaly reductions on two little areas? Wouldn't High-Energy Magnetics or maybe Hypermagnetics be more suited to unlock the fix for Strong Magnetic Fields?"

What this mod does: The original game has 51 anomalies. This mod brings the total up to 115 with several tiers of upgrades for most anomalies. Only 2 anomalies have no upgrades, and one of those anomalies is an end-point for other anomaly upgrades. Reductions no longer come from only Adaptive Colonies/Soil Revivification (though there are many still used by these techs). Hovering over individual techs will show a list of their reductions.

Adds 60 new anomalies to the game. Every anomaly (old and new) has been re-worked to unlock their respective "reductions" at appropriate technology levels. The unlocks can be quite cheap (for reductions opened at Xenology for example) or expensive for higher level techs. 97% of the anomalies have been rewritten to have multiple 'reductions'--for example, rich soil has four different unlocks now, each boosting the planet's food production as more food-centric technology is unlocked.

Some anomalies were given a boost; as an example, Strong Magnetic Field has a reduction that gives a defense bonus to the star system. Some anomalies were made as prior steps to others, such as Unfriendly Locals and Neutral Locals upgrading into Friendly Locals (and beyond).

NOTE ON GALAXY CREATION--I upped the number of star systems on Huge to 120. This shouldn't bring too much slowdown on your loading unless you like a lot of warp lanes.

Loading Huge maps with max planets (something that can be easily modded) can take 5-10 minutes to load depending on your computer. Having so many planets with anomalies seems to bog the loading down a bit. If you enhance your galaxygeneration like I do and add maps with 160-240 stars, it will take around the same time as normal to load them (10-20 minutes). Afterwards, there is no slowdown to the game, nor when loading or saving. The biggest loading issue normally is the game testing each warp lane and wormhole against every single other one to make sure there is consistency; second is planet generation, and third is anomaly and wonder placement.

This mod requires a new galaxy, obviously. :-)

Anomaly Color Guide:

Red: No current benefits, all effects are negative.

Orange: Negative effects and positive effects.

Green: All effects are beneficial.

White: No effect until appropriate reduction is applied.

Grey (v1.0.4): Highest-tier reduction, no effects (ex: Cleared Radiation).

Purple: Highest-tier reduction, cannot be further reduced.

Planet Expansion

Planet expansion improvements allow you to terraform your planets (and asteroid fields) up to the next size. Very simple, very straightforward.

Adds the planet expansion terraformations to the following techs:

Advanced Warp Gravitics (Tiny to Small)

Exotic Thermodynamics (Small to Medium)

Negative Mass Mechanics (Medium to Large)

Sustainable Supercities (Large to Huge)

Anomaly Traits: Added several new anomaly traits so you can begin your game with one of the new anomalies (or an old one that wasn't available until now). Just a side note, if you choose Garden of Eden, it will allow you to pick another anomaly. DON'T pick more than one in that case. It's the only weird little exception that I haven't quite figured out, but it doesn't hurt anything.

I did NOT add ALL of the anomalies to the trait list--some of them just don't make any sense for a home planet, while some are either too good to start with or too horrible. However, if anyone speaks up and says they want them, I'll add them!

v.1.0.0: (TiaxPlanetEXAnomalyOH)

smiley: leaderInitial release of this set.

v1.0.1: (named changed to TiaxModv1.0.1)

smiley: leaderAdds Orbital Techs from Imperium Aeterna and their system improvements

smiley: leaderAdds Asteroid Field-to-Barren Improvement from Imperium Aerterna to the following tech:

Deuyivan Construction

smiley: leaderNote--if you load a prior save and have ALREADY researched Deuyivan Construction, you WILL NOT unlock the ability to change asteroid fields to barren. If you load a save where you haven't researched it yet, it WILL unlock the transformation when you do.

v1.0.2:

smiley: leaderAdds 17 additional anomalies and 4 that have the same name, but different end results through reductions. So far, counting all the possible anomalies, this brings the game up to 119.

smiley: leaderEdited files to actually allow the most recent anomalies from Amplitude (Hostile Dust, Endless Trouble, and Humeris Insidentes). They have not been edited but will be in a future update.

smiley: leaderChanged coloration of anomaly names to be brighter and edited some of the previously added anomalies to include prefabs from the three recent Amplitude anomalies.

smiley: leaderNumerous little bugs fixed where I simply missed some reductions on the tech trees.

v1.0.3:

smiley: leaderFixed multiple incorrectly placed or forgotten anomaly reductions that were not applied to race-specific technologies.

smiley: leaderAdded AI Parameters to all anomaly reductions from 55-114 (which includes a big chunk of the original anomalies in 1.0.0). Now, your AI opponents will be much more prepared to face these anomalies.

smiley: leaderAdded AI Parameters to Imperium Aeterna's orbital stations. I set the parameters low for the military outpost, planetary rings, and dyson sphere--these take so long to create that I did not want the AI focusing on them when they need low-cost improvements.

smiley: leaderI have NOT added AI Parameters for planetary expansion (sizes) or creation (asteroids to barren), simply because the AI shouldn't be spending most of their time on them. I may add them later but give them low weights like the upper-tier orbital stations.

smiley: leaderFixed a massive amount of missing reductions. I'm surprised I haven't caught them yet, but I also realized I don't play certain factions at all, so I haven't noticed their issues until now.

smiley: stickouttongueower:Added compatibility for Disharmony (TiaxModDisharmonyV1.0.3).

v1.0.4

smiley: leaderAdded a ton of new anomaly custom faction traits, including a super-awesome one (you'll know when you see it). NOTE: Picking Garden of Eden will not grey-out the others; don't pick more than one in that case. It's a harmless issue that I haven't figured out, but it won't cause any issues, so long as you don't pick another anomaly. Plus, you're just throwing away faction points if you do.

smiley: stickouttongueower:Added compatibility for Disharmony (TiaxModDisharmonyV1.0.4).

v1.0.4 Disharmony Hotfix

smiley: healthpointsAnomaly reductions were not properly applied to atmospheric engineering. If you are playing a game where you haven't researched Atmospheric Engineering yet, redownloading v1.0.4 will fix your game. If you have already researched atmospheric engineering, you won't be able to fully reduce 4 of the anomalies (Acid Rain, Endless Factories, one of the Recent Impacts, and Carbon Planet). Thanks to InFlamesWeTrust for the catch! I have applied the patch to the original file.

Future Plans?

smiley: speedRacial reductions: How about turning those "Friendly Locals" into "Juicy Morsels" for the craver faction? How about United Empire turning the same locals into "Enslaved Populace," and then having the Pilgrims come along and turn them back into friendly locals? It's all possible, just takes some time to code. In particular, the Harmony could really use some focus--it's easy to have their reductions destroy the dust, but not the other benefits (and yes, it would be permanent)!

smiley: speedSome proper reductions on the three last vanilla anomalies (Hostile Dust, Endless Trouble, and Humeris Insideres).

smiley: speedMore unique planets--seeing how Auriga works, I could potentially make some more unique planets. Mecatol Rex, anyone? I'm considering putting Event Horizon on a unique planet, considering it's final reduction is fairly powerful.

smiley: speedMore wonders are easy to make. Just don't have any really good ideas yet.

To Quote davea:

I wish everybody who used the forum attachment system would add these instructions. If you cannot download:

1. Log out of the forum and log back in again.

2. Try a different browser (firefox vs IE, etc)

3. Clear your browser cookies
TiaxModv1.0.1.zip
TiaxModv1.0.2.zip
TiaxModv1.0.3.zip
TiaxModDisharmonyV1.0.3.zip
TiaxModv1.0.4.zip
TiaxModDisharmonyV1.0.4.zip
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 29, 2012, 12:48:04 AM
Endless Genetics

Current Version: 1.10

Endless Space Version: 1.0.45 & Up

Main Thread: /#/endless-space/forum/37-modding/thread/16246-endless-genetics

Summary: This mod adds many new faction traits to the game, most of them expansions on the traits included in the base game. See the main thread for details and download.

0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 13, 2012, 10:39:09 PM
Sectoid Mod

Last update: December 13, 2012 (v1)

ES version: 1.0.38

Thread: /#/endless-space/forum/37-modding/thread/16184-mod-faction-sectoid

Summary: Provides a new faction to the game capable of being played by AI.

Feature summary):

Adds a new faction affinity to the game.

Sectoid Affinity:

• tax rate has 25% less impact on approval rating.
  • -1 dust per population
  • +1 science per population

This mod can also be used as a template to add additional factions into the game.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 22, 2012, 8:45:54 PM
Pirate Appearance

Current Version: 1.1

Endless Space Version: 1.0.46

Parent Thread: /#/endless-space/forum/37-modding/thread/16078-mindwerkz-inc-mods

Summary: Makes the pirate faction available for use as an appearance for a custom faction. It does not alter the gameplay whatsoever or the game balance in any way. Due to system limitations it will not appear on the appearance dropdown but if you start with the pirate faction and set the affinity and traits as you see fit you will have a custom faction which has the pirate appearance.

Update: added a replacement model for the incorrect Pirate Dreadnaught model, also an addon version for Imperium Aeterna is now available, just drop it into the ImperiumAeterna folder and its ready to go.

Playable Pirates

Current Version: 2.0

Parent Thread: /#/endless-space/forum/37-modding/thread/16078-mindwerkz-inc-mods

Summary: First of all huge credit goes to Jamesyoung79 and his excellently structured Sectoid mod, whose work was a tremendous help in my development of this mod.

Now you can play as the pirate faction. The pirate faction affinity provides the following effects, +50% bonus to industrial production due to extensive use of slave labor, +25% bonus to dust production from black-marketeering and drug running, +3 hero capacity as the pirates accept any hero while providing great rewards and freedoms to all heroes in their employ, pirates attack without restraint and without thought of "Retreat" and thus that battle card is not available to them.

Update: Version 2.0 released, please delete all previous files before installing as this version has been completely rewritten using modular code, now usable both as a playable race and AI opponent.

Further information is available in the mods home thread.

Genetics Lab

Current Version: 1.0

Summary:Adds additional faction traits to the baseline set.

Spacefarers: Increases population on asteroids and orbital colonies while lowering it on planets.

Subterranean: Dwellers, Increases population on planets and lowers it on asteroids and orbital colonies

Inspired Intellectuals: Lowers the cost for technology development.

Self Sufficient Colonists: Lowers the demand for food.

Industrialists: Increase the Industry production of your population.

Expansionists: Lowers the overcolonization malus.

Tinkerers: Increases ship repair rates and lowers ship refit costs.

Military Hegemony: Increases Ship XP gain per battle.

Bureaucracy: Increases the number of hero slots in the academy and the rate heroes arrive in your empire.

Hero Worship: Increase the rate of Hero XP gain.

Capitalism: Buyout costs are lowered.

Blitzkrieg: Invasion power of fleets increased.

Expert Logistics: Ship upkeep costs are reduced.

I have made every effort to balance this mod but feedback is welcome especially in regards to balance and usefulness of the new traits.

**Includes the Colored anomalies, exploitations, planets, and warnings from Evil Tacticians excellent Imperium Aeterna mod, all credits due thereto.**

Scions of the Endless

Summary:Adds the additional faction traits found in my Genetics Lab mod, and significantly extends the tiers available for the basic faction traits included with the game.

I have made every effort to balance this mod, all new tier costs are increased by a factor equating to the amount each level increases in power.

Please provide feedback about the balance of this mod so that I might improve upon it.

**Includes the Colored anomalies, exploitations, planets, and warnings from Evil Tacticians excellent Imperium Aeterna mod, all credits due thereto.**

Rise of the Endless

Summary:This mod is identical to my Scions of the Endless mod, however this mod has been altered to satisfy those who want to play with any combination of traits they see fit.

This mod is in no way balanced nor is it intended to be, it is up to you to use your discretion to create a satisfying game experience.

Combo Addon for Imperium Aeterna

Imperium Aeterna Version: 1.5.0

Summary: First off you will need the excellent Imperium Aeterna mod, which you can get at http://www.manapool.co.uk/endless-space-imperium-aeterna-mod/

This addon pack includes my Playable Pirates ver 2.0 and Scions of the Endless ver. 1.0 mods, as well as Dagoberts Alternativ Galaxy Generator ver 0.4.1

The pack is designed to be dropped into the modding directory and will overwrite the necessary files in the ImperiumAeterna folder to integrate itself.

This addon pack cannot be used without Imperium Aeterna already installed.

All credits for Imperium Aeterna go to Evil Tactician, and all credits for the Alternativ Galaxy Generator go to Dagobert, thank you both for providing the community with such excellent mods.

You can download the addon pack at the link below, installation instructions are also included in the zip.

Combo Addon for Imperium Aeterna

More to come.

~Crymson~
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 11, 2013, 2:08:30 AM
I guess it's time i advertise my own mod : /#/endless-space/forum/37-modding/thread/16202-wip-fair-fight-combat-re-balance-mod.

Fair Fight mod

Current version: 1.37

Compatible: ES 1.1.17
(Classic version only)

Updated: September 22 2013

OVERVIEW

This mod started as a combat mod that improved the dynamic between all the modules found on ships to make combat more interesting. Combat cards and AI tweaks have been added later on and soon lots of other changes followed. The mod now covers most aspects of the game.

In order to have music (by default it's not included in the mod because it's too big to be zipped with it):

You need to copy your music folder (found in Steam\SteamApps\common\Endless Space\Public\Audio) into the FairFight directory.

WHAT DOES THIS MOD DO (List may not be complete)

-Rebalances ship modules

-Adds new Battlecards

-Rebalances Existing Battlecards

-Significantly improves AI (Ship designs, governors, colonization, battlecards choices, when to wage war, etc.)

-Rebalances system's and planet's improvements

-Changes planets and anomalies text color.

-Rebalances Heroes abilities

-Adds expansion limiting mechanics (Reworked expansion disaproval)

-Rebalances Pirates (Now more of a nuisance rather than an invasion force)

-Adds new Elite modules for ships (They are better/more powerful then their siblings but are more expensive/harder to get)

-Changes blockade mechanics (Research is no longer prevented, instead FIDS are reduced)

LOCALISATION SUPPORT (More will be added eventually)

English, French, German.

MODS INCLUDED IN FAIR FIGHT :

>Rheem's Player's color mod

>Luminality's Colored anomalies (Been changed/improved since inclusion)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 20, 2013, 6:14:26 AM
Battle Damage and Ranging

Current version: 0.00.02

Compatible: ES 1.0.60

Ship effectiveness is now dependent on ship health. As battle damage is taken stats are reduced by a percentage of the ship health, some automatic rounding does occur to the nearest whole number, cannot be avoided. Example: If a ship at full health (450) moves 6 PC, then a ship at 100 health while move 1 PC (1.3333) 100/450*6=1.33333 rounded down to 1.

Movement - Speed and FreeSpeed

Offensive Weapons Damage Min Max (Laser/ Kinetic / Missiles)

Defensive Counter Measurements (Shields / Deflectors / Flak)

Detection Radius and Military Power Invasion Modules

Weapon/Defensive modules can now be destroyed based off ship health %

Military Power is adjusted appropriately too to reflect reduced combat effectiveness of ship

Range Changes (Alpha 0.00.02)

Kinetics and Lasers will only fire in p3 melee phase, dmg increased x3 to compensate

Long Range now has 12 turns, Medium Range has 8

Includes tweaked Luminality colorized localizations with proper #Revert# tagging and moon temple colorization

Provide some feedback!

BattleDmg.rar

BattleDmgRange.rar
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 29, 2012, 6:49:58 PM
AVAILABLE MODS

DISHARMONY

CLASSIC

This thread is intended to act as a "shopping mall" for mods. Each post will act as a "store" for one modder. Please describe only released mods here, which can be downloaded. Feel free to advertise mod concepts in this forum, just not on this thread.

To modders: please make *one* post which advertises your mods. Give a brief description, the current version number, and a link to the thread with more details. If you add more mods, please *edit* your post.

To players:

• If a mod says it is compatible with one version of ES, be careful using it with any newer version. You may get weird and unpredictable effects, anywhere from a crash, to a subtle balance problem. If a mod has not been updated in a few months, check the game release note thread to see if any "major" game releases have happened since then. If the mod is a major release behind, or more, it will probably not even load.

• Regarding MP, as long as all players have the exact same version of the same mod, it will work correctly without *additional* out of sync effects.

• To start the game with a mod loaded, go to the steam library and right click on the entry for Endless Space, choose Properties, choose Launch Options, and add the following onto the command line: "+mod (directory name)".

• The game does not support loading multiple mods. If there are two mods you want to use together, you must merge them, or more likely request the authors to merge them. Some more information on that is available here:

https://www.games2gether.com/endless-space/forum/37-modding/thread/15801-released-community-bug-fix-balance-mod

0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 12, 2013, 4:50:26 PM
ESMapEditor

Current version: v1.2.171.1

Last Updated: 12/13/2014

Compatible with: ES v1.1.49+ (Disharmony Exp or Classic)

Parent Thread: --> Click Here <--

Summary: Not a mod in the true sense.

It is a GUI based editor that allows manipulation of many elements of a particular game's save file such as editing details about a system (number of planets, planet types, anomalies, wonders,resources, improvements,etc.), moving systems around a map, warp and wormhole editing, creation\deletion of systems, colonizing or un-colonizing a system, hero editing and assignation, empire editing such as research, dust, and various other properties. See parent thread for more detail.

Requirements: Windows™ based system with .Net Runtimes 4.0 installed.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 26, 2013, 2:52:30 PM
Rheem's Player Color Mod

This mod simply changes the color of players, specifically the greenish-yellow color to plain yellow and the gold color to brown.

This is so that in general there is less confusion between players with similar colors.

Rheem's Player Color Mod

If you wish you maybe easily change the color values manually.

If you would like to add this to your mod or whatnot, I have no objections, just please give credit.

Enjoy!

PS: Comments are appreciated here.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 6, 2013, 12:18:10 PM
Mod Name: Heroic Attributes

Author: Et Misera Games

Version: 1.1

Compatible with: 1.0.66

Description: This mod replaces the hero stats and classes. Heroes are divided into Governor and Admiral roles with appropriate class and stat choices. Governors are given the Administrator and Corporate classes, and have Labor, Wit, and Melee stats. Admirals are given the Commander and Pilot classes, and have Offense and Defense stats.

http://forums.amplitude-studios.com/showthread.php?16805

Arrataz

Et Misera Games
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 12, 2013, 3:40:27 PM
Description

This modification has been created by Amplitude Studios; It was the result of the community’s “Save the Sowers” campaign, aiming at pointing out the faction’s weakness, in 1.0.66. You will find in this mod an overall balancing as well as a few improvements regarding the Sowers.

Changelog

• Faction trait UE becomes: 0%-100% Tax rate will give 0%-60% industry bonus
  • Conversion improvements buildings: from 25% to 33%
  • Sowers Conversion Food to Industry: convert 30% ind to food instead of 40%
  • Sophons: -50% support module cost is now a trait (that they have) costing 12 /24 for -25% / -50%
  • Create Trait Fleet09Norm1 & Fleet09Norm2: + 4 / + 10 XP on ship
  • Terran affinity does not give + 10 XP on ship anymore, but they have Fleet09Norm2 per default
  • Planetery FIDS and Infrastructure descriptor have new values
  • Horatios: fatigue recovery up from 50% to 100%
  • Colony module cost 250 instead of 125
  • Trade route distance bonus increased
  • Trade route DustToScience increased from 0.5 to 0.75
  • Colonial base now gives +5 FI bonus / colonized planet
  • Added an Expansion Effort mechanism: every system loses dust & food equal to -2 * (Outpost / Colony)

[LIST=1]
  • This one is a test feature/value and your feedback will be welcomed
  • Science is now reduced by 0.5 on system outside the empire (like dust)
  • Expansion disapproval is applied as the following from now on:

[LIST=1]
  • -25% on system under players' influence
  • +50% on system under neutral / allies' influence
  • +100% on system under enemies' influence
  • [/LIST]
  • Updated cost of the faction traits

[LIST=1]
  • All the traits which previously gave 10% / 20% / 30% now gives 10% / 15% / 20%
  • Deadly weapons and human weapons now gives 10% / 20% / 30% instead of 12% / 24% / 36%
  • [/LIST]
  • Modified AIBuildingParameters from Ail's proposal

• [/LIST]

Download

SaveTheSowers.zip

Please, post your comments here.

Enjoy! smiley: approval
    0Send private message
    11 years ago
    May 7, 2013, 4:14:20 AM
    UPLIFT D MOD (Compatible with Disharmony) Version 1.5.0

This Mod attempts to recreate the Uplift Universe of David Brin. It introduces the hydrogen breathing race the Zang (which replaces the Harmony and whose race art is based on concept art of the amoeba). The second race the Jophur take the place of the Horatio (but have some of the production bonuses of the United Empire and even less scruples). The new third race are the Gubru who take the place of the Hissho. The fourth are the Thennanin who are as stabilizing force and replace the Sophon.

The tech trees have had extensive changes to make the tech and improvement have some correlation.

The combat systems and improvements have more variety rather than just being bigger.

Ship development and colonization is spread out so you have to hold and fight for garden planets with

cruisers and destroyers rather than be able to colonize everything and have your first combat ship be

a dreadnaught.

Also the improvements relate more to the technology being discovered and develop in a more logical progression.

DOWNLOAD HERE

http://www.mediafire.com/download/uc125819gqy0i4l/UpliftD1.5.zip

LINK TO PAGE

/#/endless-space/forum/37-modding/thread/16332-mod-uplift-d-new-site-compatable-with-disharmony
    0Send private message
    0Send private message
    11 years ago
    Jun 11, 2013, 12:51:00 AM
    Heavy Nova rebalances fleet combat in Endless Space

Here are some reasons you might want to try it:

1. The fleet battles look better and the visuals now accurately reflect the actual damage being done.

2. The other factions are more challenging with properly designed ships and improved AI.

3. You will get a smoother progression through the campaign because all items increase proportionally.

4. More strategies and choices are viable because costs and benefits are more closely balanced.

Forum Thread:

/#/endless-space/forum/37-modding/thread/16275-heavy-nova-mod-launched
    0Send private message
    11 years ago
    Jun 20, 2013, 4:25:24 AM
    I have successfully compiled alternativ Galaxy Generator, Colored Anomalies (and Planets), Heroic Attributes, Imperium Aeterna, Pirate Appearance, and Scions of the Endless.

You can find the the thread here.

I am hoping to receive requests to add mods and create different variations.
    0Send private message
    11 years ago
    Jul 14, 2013, 12:31:29 AM
    Antera Faction Trait Mod

Current version: v1.1.18.0

Last Updated: 9/14/2013

Compatible with: Disharmony v1.1.0.0+

Thread: Antera-Faction-Trait-Mod

Features: (See thread for full details)

• Adds a large variety of traits to game, click here for full list
    • Adds trait tags to improve the general organization of the custom race window
    • Adds trait title to allow players to better keep track of what trait is doing what
    • Designed for players who wants to try out new ideas for races they want to pit against the ES universe

Hectic Combat

Current version: v1.1.1.0

Last Updated: 11/17/2013

Compatible with: Disharmony v1.1.0.0+

Thread: Hectic-Combat

Features: (See thread for full details)

• Make combat (graphically) more hectic
    • Make combat more interesting
    • Make combat more balanced

0Send private message
    0Send private message
    ?