Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

How to change custom faction trait points

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Mar 28, 2013, 3:19:18 PM
To do this go to Program(x86)/steam/steamapps/common/endlesspace/public/simulation using notepad++ open factiontrait and use the search option to find Cost="65". theis should bring up all the faction affinity names. Whatever your custom faction's affinity change it to whatever number you want.

Credit to hatchetman208 for fix

Doesn't work with DLC "Disharmony".

If you have the DLC "Disharmony" THIS is for you. "Public_xp1" is the key.

Go to "Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Endless Space\Public_xp1\Simulation" and open "FactionTrait" with Notepad++. You then search for Cost="65" AND Cost="60" and change them to whatever you want (ex: Cost="99").
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 29, 2013, 1:43:10 AM
Armydude, thanks for your post! I've been wondering how to tinker with that very same thing. I don't know about going up to 500 with it [-chuckle-], but I admit I've lost track of the number of times that just 10-15 more points would have made some juicy synergies possible in my custom races' traits. smiley: approval The same sort of modding can also make for some extra-fearsome opponents as well...
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 1, 2013, 11:13:40 PM

Go to "Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Endless Space\Public_xp1\Simulation" and open "FactionTrait" with Notepad++. You then search for Cost="65" AND Cost="60" and change them to whatever you want (ex: Cost="99").
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 4, 2013, 1:59:31 AM
Thank you for the fix hatchetman208. I haven't gotten Disharmony yet to test to see if the mod works with the expansion. I will add this to the description.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 4, 2013, 5:53:52 AM
You can also use my mod that works with Disharmony and not have to change any lines of code.

Traitful Factions adds a trait in the Anomaly section that removes 2500 trait points.

This allows you to create a faction with every trait your lil' heart desires.

Traitful Factions v2.0 - Full Install

Traitful Factions v2.0.1 - DLC Hotfix from v2.0 to v2.0.1

FULL INSTALL and HOTFIX with Disharmony DLC - (For the adventurous supporters who provide the fuel for the production teams to keep on truckin')

Unzip Traitful Factions into [YourDrive]:\Users[YourAccount]\Documents\Endless Space\Disharmony\Modding

Remove brackets! If there is no directory, create it!

Unzip the DLC Hotfix to the same location

Start Endless Space.

In the main game menu, click the MODS button. Click on "Combo Pluss" and click load.

To keep the mod loaded, right-click "Endless Space" in your Steam Library and select properties.

Navigate to the "General" tab and click "Set Launch Options".

Add "+mod TraitfulFactions", without quotes, and click "Okay".

Tomorrow I will be updating Traitful Factions to be accompanied by the alternativ Galaxy Generator v0.4.2.

Soon after that, I will find which mods play well with Disharmony and create a Combo Pluss version that supports the DLC.

Traitful Factions v2.0 works with ES: CLASSIC.

Traitful Factions v2.0.1 works with ES: Disharmony.

Unzip to the appropriate location for each.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Dec 18, 2015, 11:59:20 AM
armydude417 wrote:
To do this go to Program(x86)/steam/steamapps/common/endlesspace/public/simulation using notepad++ open factiontrait and use the search option to find Cost="65". theis should bring up all the faction affinity names. Whatever your custom faction's affinity change it to whatever number you want.

Credit to hatchetman208 for fix

Can you please help? I can't find Cost="60", and when I just change the 65, the traits don't show up at all. Thanks. I'm using a Mac, with the Imperium Aeterna Mod installed.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Dec 18, 2015, 2:23:30 PM
Hi, I will provide you with a solution as soon as I get home in a couple of hours, as I currently don't have access to the game files.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Dec 18, 2015, 5:25:07 PM
From line 562 in FactionTrait.xml, you will find this block:

[CODE]

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment