Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Anomaly Overhaul

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Jun 29, 2014, 4:26:52 AM
So Tiaxmus,

Does that mean I can now mix mods? Or was most of your response after that first paragraph about the anomalies you fixed?

Would the solution be not having a "home planet anomaly" trait for my custom faction?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 29, 2014, 6:27:16 AM
Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't quite address your question! The problem with mixing mods is that any file that the mods have in common makes them intrinsically incompatible.

Now, I haven't played with the alternativgalaxygenerator. Actually, I have absolutely no steam achievements on Endless Space because I've been modding it before achievements came out. So I don't have any familiarity with his system of galaxy generation. All I have done is mess with the galaxy generation in the galaxysettings.xml and make bigger galaxies.

When I change the settings, I can't seem to get my computer to make galaxies over about 180-200 star systems. At that range, my computer will be working for 3+ hours and still not have a map. With the changes I've made in this mod (Tiax's Anomaly Overhaul), the Huge setting should give you systems with 120 stars. If you set galaxy density to high, you will get +33% more, to about 160 stars. This is... a LOT of systems, and will be a very long, very epic game.

Oh, side note, if you enable pirates on maps that big, look forward to WAVES OF EPIC PIRATE WARFLEETS DESTROYING SYSTEMS around turn 100 or so. Maybe sooner depending on your time settings.

Well, I guess this all comes down to this: What are you looking for? How many star systems do you want? Is 120-160 too few? The issue with mixing the mods is that the GalaxySettings.xml in my mod makes all the new anomalies appear, and if you replace it, you will never see any of the new anomalies.

Edit: A little file for MTB-Fritz. No need to even look at this if you aren't modding weapons.
For Fritz!.zip
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jul 1, 2014, 5:30:52 AM
I did notice you left in the Amoeba Like trait, giving full vision and the ability to choose another 100 points worth of custom faction traits.

So tempting to abuse it...

Edit: An upgrade to Endless Trouble (from the base anomaly) is giving a similar error to the one I described above with Dust Lode, Trojan Asteroid, et al.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jul 1, 2014, 6:30:14 PM
Endless trouble eh? Sounds appropriate really. I will take a look at what I misplaced as soon a I get some free time. Today my baby girl is my main priority. Maybe she'll take a nap...
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jul 4, 2014, 2:46:29 AM
I'm getting a Null Reference Exception on a Tiny Arctic with Seismic Activity and Eden Incense that I captured from the AI every time. Using the Disharmony 1.04 fix version. Also on a small asteroid belt with Endless Trouble and 2 Adamantian. I'm playing as Automatons if that matters. The planet doesn't have a moon either.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jul 8, 2014, 8:37:30 AM
Alright, so far Seismic Activity and Endless Trouble are being buttheads. I will check on them as soon as I get back home--been out for the holidays.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jul 16, 2014, 3:52:21 AM
Been a little ticked off lately, my computer had some issues and I had to revert to a prior state. I lost a lot of work, and I have just about caught up to where I was. It's been mind-numbingly frustrating, but it's getting close to the point I had it. :-(
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jul 27, 2014, 1:11:14 PM
Hi Tiax,

I'd like to report an Error in Classic Version 1.1.42 with Mod Version 1.0.4 . Happens on a planet with a Horatio Exile, and occures after the first upgrade of that anomaly. I have a savegame if needed.

Editing the savegame and setting the Anomaly56Reduction from 1 to 2 solves the error.

This is the System:

And this is the Error Message:

0Send private message
10 years ago
Jul 29, 2014, 8:00:56 AM
Sorry for bothering you guys here with this issue, but i think this should be the closest topic in the forum.

So...Amplitude...

Aren't you thinking about fixing Endless Space's major bugs?!

Since i bought the game i always got the same bug report: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

And there's always a big list which files are corrupted, or whatever you call it.

No matters what am i able to do inside the game, no matter the situation; planet handling, battle, etc...the message always shows itself.

Besides, there's two possible options in the downer side of the window: continue gaming, and exit to windows. if i choose "continue gaming", after 4 or 5 seconds the window shows itself again...anytime.

The question is:

HOW THE HELL CAN I FIX THIS ISSUE?! IT'S THE MOST ANNOYING STUFF SINCE I PLAYING GAMES...

FIX IT, GODDAMNIT!
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jul 30, 2014, 7:27:59 AM
Xhavael wrote:
Sorry for bothering you guys here with this issue, but i think this should be the closest topic in the forum.

Off topic post in the wrong topic and subforum

Are you talking about with the mod or during a vanilla game? If it's with the mod, it's waiting on the guy who created it to fix it. He likely has some semblance of a life, and cannot devote the full of his time to this side project.

If it's with the unmodded game, sounds like you should Verify Local Files in Steam, or post it in the Tech Support subforum. Unfortunately the devs appear to have moved on to other things, after supporting the game for approximately two years, with the last patch being in January of this year.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jul 31, 2014, 6:29:57 PM
Once, I hit my goals with the steam achievements, I'll be downloading this mod for sure. What ever happened to the re-skinned planets mod?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 1, 2014, 5:53:41 AM
Galaxy of Endless Diversity seems to have been abandoned, with the reasoning (along with most other major mods) being that every time they updated something the .xmls got screwed up, and it wasn't just a matter of copy-pasting every time between updates. Sort of a shame, as I really liked the screwy planets (like Plasma) that took lots of technology before they were usable (or useful) but gave huge bonuses, but it tended to crash late game due to not being updated for 1.1.42.

Sort of hilarious in hindsight, considering the last official update was 7 months ago.

Hopefully the modding community will pick back up, since the devs have more or less stopped working on Endless Space.
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 18, 2014, 7:01:31 AM
I check back on this eagerly about once a day; anything happening with the mod? Vanilla ES is so boring now that I've tasted the potential to build an empire, but the bugs I end up encountering with the mod are making it unplayable.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 29, 2014, 9:35:11 PM
Tiax probably got busy again or something. The last time it was like a year gap before he updated it for Disharmony lol.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Mar 2, 2015, 8:23:25 PM
Does anyone know if the 'Imperium Aeterna' mod has this mod incorporated in it? I know it credits Tiaximus...
0Send private message
9 years ago
Aug 3, 2015, 7:54:41 AM
AstralVoid wrote:
I check back on this eagerly about once a day; anything happening with the mod? Vanilla ES is so boring now that I've tasted the potential to build an empire, but the bugs I end up encountering with the mod are making it unplayable.

Why not just port the mod yourself? It only took me about 30-60 min. If you're interested, PM me and I can send you the version that I ported. I don't have any permission from Tiax, so I'm not comfortable posting publicly.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Sep 18, 2015, 5:01:35 PM
As an owner of system composed of 2x Endless Trouble, 1x Seismic Activity, and only 1 normal planet I need to ask - is there some patch for nullreference errors? ...
0Send private message
9 years ago
Sep 30, 2015, 12:47:57 PM
I'm trying to combine this and Endless Genetics for classic ES (no Disharmony) play, and can't seem to merge them correctly. Are they merge-able?

I tried the multi-overhaul mod, but keep getting hero errors.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment