Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Anomaly Overhaul

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
9 years ago
Dec 13, 2015, 5:55:56 PM
vanir wrote:
Does anyone know if the 'Imperium Aeterna' mod has this mod incorporated in it? I know it credits Tiaximus...

It didn't so far (mainly due to not having been around for over 3 years..) but it will in the next release (v2.2.0), which should come fairly soon.

Edit: It does now. 2.2.0 is out.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jan 14, 2016, 2:19:07 PM
Hey, I may be a little late on trying this, but I would like to share a thought about your mod:

I tried your mod because I love terraforming, building the ideal system. And your mods diversity of anomalys is really great, it enriches the flavor-aspect of the game.

But spreading out anomaly-reductions all over the tech-tree I feel is kind of a bad move mechanics-wise. Because, and this is my Point:

I cannot go for terraforming anymore.

From a simulationist approach, tying reductions to fitting techs seems logical. But the techtree itself is not build around (even fantasy-) logic.

It is build entirely from a gamist perspective, and thus sortet not by field of science(like biology or physics), but by general advancement strategy, that science&engineering, military, industrial&mercantile, or explorational.

The fact that all fields of science are pushed forward by whatever strategy is represented by steeply increasing science cost, making it cheap and easy to catch up in a tech tree you are not pioneering in.

Still, I love the idea of your mod. I would just urge you to reconsider the techtree-changes, so that effectively dealing with all the wonderous anomalys becomes a viable strategy again.

(comments welcome)
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jan 22, 2016, 9:27:02 PM
Unfortunately for the moment Tiaximus isn't actively working on this mod anymore.

However, when we integrated this into Imperium Aeterna, I felt the same as you did and already made changes to how this works in the tech tree. It's essentially split among just 4 technology unlocks in the exploration tree.

Suggest giving that a spin to see if you like it better.

Note: In the current version, it can be a little unclear which of the four technologies unlocks what anomaly reductions. This is because there are HUNDREDS and they don't all fit on the tool-tip for the tech unlock.

Essentially, there are four "tiers" of unlocks and each corresponding technology unlocks ALL anomaly reductions of that tier. Hope that helps.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment