Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Tweaking starting population

Copied to clipboard!
9 years ago
Mar 13, 2016, 4:27:22 PM
Is it possible to modify the starting population (population of capital system at game start)?

Specifically, I want the starting system for all factions to start with 4 pops instead of 3.

I can't seem to find this anywhere in the xml --if it is not easily tweakable what would be the best way to shoehorn this in?
0Send private message
9 years ago
Mar 18, 2016, 10:08:59 PM
I figured it out. The amount of starting pops seens pretty hardcoded, so one just needs a to add hidden event to do the increase, even better when triggered by a hidden tech unlocked by a hidden trait. Just make sure it is a non-random ExplorationEvent and not a non-random RandomEvent (the latter one crashes when triggered at turn 0 for some reason).
0Send private message
9 years ago
Mar 18, 2016, 10:15:25 PM
Good job at figuring it out. As per our conversation on Steam, unfortunately a lot of ES modding is trial and error as Amplitude never continued or finished their modding documentation.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Mar 22, 2016, 1:01:17 PM
Indeed, the game seems easy enough to mod, if one just knows how. I sure hope ES2 will have better documentation (and an in-game debugging console, and combat test system wouldn't hurt either...), especially for the likes of me who want to poke around in core gameplay.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Apr 13, 2016, 10:29:50 PM
Steffmeistro wrote:
add hidden event to do the increase, when triggered by a hidden tech unlocked by a hidden trait
Care to post an example? Specifically, what you added where?
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment