Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Additionary planet bonuses

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
Oct 10, 2017, 9:06:48 AM

I succesfully created dozens of new planet types for my mod and I want to add some new bonuses from them. For example, each colonized brown dwarf should result in +5 addition to maximal weight of the ship. In PlanetDescriptor.xml I wrote:

<SimulationObjectDescriptor Name="PlanetTypeBrownDwarf" Type="PlanetType" Serializable="true">
<SimulationObjectPropertyDescriptors>
<SimulationObjectPropertyDescriptor Name="PlanetClass" Value="3" IsCompound="false" IsPermanent="false" IsOutput="false"/>
</SimulationObjectPropertyDescriptors>

<SimulationObjectPropertyModifierDescriptors>
<SimulationObjectPropertyModifierDescriptor TargetProperty="Science"  Value="28" OperationType="Addition" Path="ClassPlanet" IsBase="true"/>
<SimulationObjectPropertyModifierDescriptor TargetProperty="Approval" Value="-38" OperationType="Addition" Path="ClassPlanet" IsBase="true"/>
 <SimulationObjectPropertyModifierDescriptor TargetProperty="MaxWeight" Value="5" OperationType="Addition"  IsBase="true" Path="ClassEmpire//ClassShip"/>
</SimulationObjectPropertyModifierDescriptors>
<SimulationObjectPropertyDescriptors/>
</SimulationObjectDescriptor>

However, this does not seem to work. Any ideas how to overcome this difficulty? The "object modifier descriptor" is visible in the game but my ships do not seem affected. "Scout" still has MaxWeight=100.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Oct 10, 2017, 10:32:15 AM

Ok, the answer is quite obvious, I figured it out ;)

Path="../ClassEmpire//ClassShip"

My mod will be ready soon, however I have only Polish language version for now. And I have doubts if I should publish it: I'm using textures and mods which I didn't make by myself so there is a copyright question.

New planet types:

Acid, Amoniac Gas Giant, Ash, Brown Dwarf, Boerealis,  Chtonian, Crashed, Cristal, Demon, Frozen, Gas Dwarf, Hydrocarbon, Ice, Ice Giant, Iron, Matuzalem, Monsoon, Oort, Pegasid, Silicon, Protoplanet, Red Desert, Rogue, Savanna, Solaris (unique), Sulfur, Super Jupiter, Vulcan (weaker than Lava), Venus-Type, Water, Wetlands (and few more coming soon)

Many of them have bonuses: for example every Sulfur planet gives you 2% bonus to missile strength.

For every faction there is a unique homeworld with unique bonuses.

I combined my mod with Galaxy of Endless Diversity and MultiOverhaul1.0.1.0 with many new anomalies and platet types (Toxic, Radioactive, Paradise, Carbon, Storm, Shattered, Desolate).

Many new technologies and some new anomalies (e.g. New Typew of Lifeforms, Time Cristals, Giant Red Spot, Ultra-short days). Up to 12 players. New shape of galaxy (Disc-4 removed) with over 325 stars; yet it is unbalanced for AI: for "many" constellations AI is stagnated with its technology when you tend to develop applied casimir effect. 

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment