Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
[MAC/EPIC, v1.0.26.4449] Graphics: Loss of All Detail
Apple
MAC
7 months ago
Mar 4, 2024, 1:20:29 AM

I clicked on the Intelligence map overlay. When I clicked out, I found myself in a shadow land. Districts appeared only as grey spots. Units disappeared. The land lacked detail.

The diagnostics file contains numerous red calls like this:

Unable to alloc enough pixel to store particle visual data for layer [EQ_DLC01_ShirtStandard_02_A_OutputLayer]. Please increase render texture size. available [0], needed

Available system and graphics ram are both well in excess of recommended amounts for this game. Thus this is not a memory availability issue.

The save file does not appear corrupted as reloading solved the issue.

The bug report system forced me to select an incorrect Game Version. Correct version: v1.0.26.4449 George Sand Update Patch 1.

System:
MacOS 12.7.2
Intel CPU
AMD Graphics

Epic Games Version
Humankind 1.0.26.4449

No Mods

Screenshots
screenshot
General information
Category
Sub-category
Content
Visual Issue
Platform
Distribution
Game version
Apple
MAC
1.0.26.4406 - George Sand - Update Preview
0Send private message
Were you able to reproduce the bug reported by IoFromTheWest?
Upvote
Upvote gauge
Investigating
Votes
Make your voice count
When will the bug be reviewed?
We try to look at all bug reports, but the more players confirm encountering a bug by upvoting it, the higher we will prioritize it. Investigating
How can I contribute?
In your next game, try to reproduce this bug. If you consider the bug important, click to upvote it.
upvote
Copied to clipboard!
7 months ago
Mar 4, 2024, 2:52:44 AM
Apple
MAC

Same graphics issue, same game a few turns later. This time not associated with a map overlay.

0Send private message
7 months ago
Mar 4, 2024, 7:30:41 AM
Apple
MAC

Triangles. Actually kind of pretty but very difficult to play. It looks completely different but I am including it here because the errors in the log look similar:

Unable to alloc enough pixel to store particle visual data for layer [EQ_Era5_Loincloth_01_B_OutputLayer]. Please increase render texture size. available [0], needed

This is happening on a large game 200+ turns in. I had no issue for the first 150+ turns.

Screenshots
screenshot
screenshot
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
Description
Please describe the bug you found and what you were doing just before it. You will have an opportunity to share files and screenshots later.
continue