Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Please give us ability to modify the speed of various game mechanics separately

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Apr 21, 2022, 12:50:05 AM

I see a lot of mods that modify the speed of the game from era star requirements to building/unit construction speeds to separate research speeds. There's probably more than 10 in  all. Giving us more control over the individual aspects of the game that determine its pace would go a long way towards allowing players to enjoy the kind of game experience they want without them having to contend with various mods that only touch one aspect or another and that must be updated each time a new patch comes out.

I know that there's a rough idea of how Humankind is meant to be played and a vision for the pacing so I would understand if games that modified original settings had some mark that showed they were non-standard or couldn't earn certain achievements.

I have more ideas on tech and the pacing of the game that might make some of that less of an issue but until I can write that idea out to my satisfaction, this thread will stand.

Best,

Wald

0Send private message
0Send private message
2 years ago
Apr 26, 2022, 12:32:34 AM
benblond wrote:

Good point ! Noted ;)

Glad you took note. I too would love this kind of thing without having to use mods. As mods usually change more then just the one thing I want. Also would be nice to have AI difficulty options the same way. This way you can have a nation time game but the ai has stronger units or more influence or more food gain. Would be cool to have this all as part of a more modular difficulty. I know you guys have your hands full with everything going on and not everything can get some in a timely matter as other things need focus first. Thank you all for your hard work and dedication to this game and sticking with it even with the back lash many have had, including me. I got back into it with the vitruvian update and the ai does much better on nation and is able to keep up with me. I feel the difficulty is pretty balanced now. Thank you all for this wonderful game 

0Send private message
2 years ago
Apr 27, 2022, 3:26:41 PM

Yes! Devs, I think you should give us a "custom" game speed setting where we could tailor the game to our liking. It should have various settings to allow us to change the speed of techs, building production, unit production and maybe even a setting to define how far a unit can go in a single turn. Want a game where tech takes 10 times longer to research? No problem. Want a game where producing a building or a unit takes no more than 1 turn? You can have that :) 

0Send private message
2 days ago
Sep 26, 2024, 2:42:44 PM

Is there any chance of this idea being adopted in the new upcoming patch?

Wald

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment