So let me start with an obvious statement, that Humankind is a very good game. I love to play it.

One of the things that usually bothers me in strategy games (the same is with Civilization franchise) is the lack of proper research/time in epoch balance.

Let me clear what I mean.

Usually when playing in strategy games we want (maybe not?) them to reflect the real history of humankind development. It is obvious that i.e. ancient era (including prehistoric) lasted by far longer, than modern eras. Development of the wheel oraz archery took way more time, than we see to separate many modern inventions. Jumping from era to the next one previously took many hundred or event thousands of years - nowadays we have a scientific revolution like at least twice a century.

In many strategic game, including Humankind, the first eras are passing by very rapidly, very often the player even can't make use of the emblematic unit. The other way apart in the last two eras I was able to reach them and even win without being able to research most of the tech, although the lasted for 200+ turns.

I'm using a mod which doubles (triples for the neolithic era) the stars required to progress to the next era, but still it's more like a workaround that doesn't give me what I need in the game. So maybe you know a better mod to make the game more pleasant and realistic when it comes to the time spent first three (excluding neolithic) eras?