Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

BuyThis! I made it! Woooo

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Nov 7, 2021, 4:25:11 PM

I can't believe it, finaly I found many way to make the ideas I told here before.

https://humankind.mod.io/buythis1

In this mod, there is the "quarters need population" many people was talking about here.

After some tests, I set the optimal value to 3 pop each 2 quarters.

The game mechanics of the mod change a lot how you develop the cities. 

Asap you get the buy by pop, you can make crazy things.

If you are agrarian culture, you can combo with this.

A bit later, money culture is crazy good.

It's the end of industry monopoly!!!

Only thing I couldn't do is an upkeep cost for infrastructure.

But anyway, it maybe don't really need it.

I also gave up on the idea to put an influence cost on quarters. The exploitation by pop is enough.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 7, 2021, 7:10:15 PM
Enchanteur wrote:

I can't believe it, finaly I found many way to make the ideas I told here before.

https://humankind.mod.io/BuyThis

In this mod, there is the "quarters need population" many people was talking about here.

I also gave up on the idea to put an influence cost on quarters. The exploitation by pop is enough.

Noice maybe you could segments those changes into modules mods if I want a certain thing but not the other , otherwise nice mod !

0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 7, 2021, 7:14:49 PM
Arphenix wrote:
Enchanteur wrote:

https://humankind.mod.io/BuyThis

Noice maybe you could segments those changes into modules mods if I want a certain thing but not the other , otherwise nice mod !

You are right. I already get a comment of a player who like some features but not the whole.

I will work on this, but not today. I'm too tired.

For now, I think about the fact that it's painfull to use mods, because they have to be loaded each game.

So it's better to put all in one mod.

I saw some nice mods. Someone created a whole new culture, with emblematic quarter and unit. 

Woo! I don't know how to do that. Actualy I only know to tweak value, not add new content.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 8, 2021, 9:49:39 AM

In its current state it somehow breaks game engine for me. Even if the mod is just in the mod list and not applied, going to "mods" and selecting any mod with "apply" button hides game load dialog (it is not visible, but makes some sounds when mouse is moved) and "exit game" button. New games don't start too. If I unsubscribe from the mod, everything works as it should. I don't know what happens, but something does.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 8, 2021, 11:08:47 AM
lex-kravetski wrote:

In its current state it somehow breaks game engine for me. Even if the mod is just in the mod list and not applied, going to "mods" and selecting any mod with "apply" button hides game load dialog (it is not visible, but makes some sounds when mouse is moved) and "exit game" button. New games don't start too. If I unsubscribe from the mod, everything works as it should. I don't know what happens, but something does.

I did many tests without this problem. I check again right now.

I get all normaly.

Here I load 2 mods :

Then I go to load a game :

On the bottom right, it even say there is 2 mods loaded.

Also, this mod just tweak values, don't add anything and don't change menus. I don't know what could cause your issue.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 8, 2021, 4:41:54 PM

There is menu item "load", but when I click on it, no dialog appears.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 8, 2021, 6:10:53 PM
lex-kravetski wrote:

There is menu item "load", but when I click on it, no dialog appears.

You are unlucky. I can't know what happen on your side.

I'm playing a full game with the mod. I check if I can load a save, and I get this :

In french "charger" mean Load. I can see my previous saves.

When loading a save, I'm not sure, but maybe because the mod tool is beta, it need to load the mod again before. 

Someone else could confirm, I just remember that but it's blurred in my mind.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 8, 2021, 7:44:32 PM

It seems like your mod has broken localization. It (and only it) doesn't work on English and Russian on my computer, no matter
how I try to resubscribe and clear mod caches, but, as you say, it works on French on your computer. You should see my "Diagnostics.html", in which there are many localization exceptions, and they, probably, corrupt the app's memory. And you should try to run the game with the English localization.

Diagnostics (2021'11'08 @2233'13''396''').html

0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 8, 2021, 7:59:32 PM

So many localization exceptions. I will start the game in english next time.

But there is an issue I can't know if I can solve, or it's because the tool are in beta mod.

It shouldn't do that with parameters the game already know.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 9, 2021, 12:30:35 AM

Hello,

I like that this mod and want to use it. Just like lex-kravetski said, this mod breaks the game. It loads fine, but when I go to start a new game, I can't change map settings and even start a game. In map settings for example, none of the drop down menus work (I did check to see if it was only map menus, but none of the drop down menus work.) Without the mod, everything works as intended. I tried your other mod, the noexpontentialdistrictcost, that one to also does what BuyThis! does with the game. These are the only mods I downloaded or used. I doubt what I said is helpful, but maybe it is, I don't mod nor even know how to. 

Like I said, I really like what this mod does and hope to try it out. 

Cheers

0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 9, 2021, 7:28:36 AM
MagoDeOz wrote:

Hello,

I like that this mod and want to use it. Just like lex-kravetski said, this mod breaks the game. It loads fine, but when I go to start a new game, I can't change map settings and even start a game. In map settings for example, none of the drop down menus work (I did check to see if it was only map menus, but none of the drop down menus work.) Without the mod, everything works as intended. I tried your other mod, the noexpontentialdistrictcost, that one to also does what BuyThis! does with the game. These are the only mods I downloaded or used. I doubt what I said is helpful, but maybe it is, I don't mod nor even know how to. 

Cheers

Yes, for me, new game dropdown lists don't work too.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 9, 2021, 8:16:50 AM
MagoDeOz wrote:

Hello,

Cheers

Yes it's helpfull. There is an issue from the mod tool here, because I don't set new names in the mod, so localization should work as it's just the standard localization of the game.

kravetsky diagnostic file help a lot too, we see it's just standard game names.

I will try to set the game tool in english as well as the game and try to export the mod again.

I hope it solve the issue and I don't have to rebuild the mod from A to Z because the import function of the mod tool don't check localization and only take the active one.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 9, 2021, 8:25:30 AM
lex-kravetski wrote:
MagoDeOz wrote:

Hello,

Cheers

Ok, I didn't change anything in the mod and didn't export it again. I just set my game in "english" language.

Here, it work OK. So, it don't help me to solve the issue, in a way, I would prefer to get a bug.

Say me what language you use in-game. I need to know if the localization problem apply to english or it's for another languages.

If you don't use english for the game, try to do it, and say me if you get this localization problem.

Then, try some other mods than mine too, and check if there is also this problem with your usual language.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 9, 2021, 10:06:35 AM

Hello! 

Thanks for your mod @Enchanter !

We indeed have a known issue about Mods that could break the UI and it should be cause by an high amount of text present in some fileds in the Mod Tool.

As a workaround you can modify the text in the Configuration tab only (so your whole Mod description will be kept in the Export tab in mod.io):

- Remove the text in Description and Release Notes fields (or make it very short like a sentence)

- Make sure the text is also short in the Author and Homepage fields.

Again make sure to keep everything as it is in the Export tab in Summary and Description fields as those ones will be correctly displayed in mod.io.

Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any question if I haven't been clear enough!

0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 9, 2021, 10:14:24 AM
Tyor wrote:

Hello! 

Thanks for your mod @Enchanter !

We indeed have a known issue about Mods that could break the UI and it should be cause by an high amount of text present in some fileds in the Mod Tool.

As a workaround you can modify the text in the Configuration tab only (so your whole Mod description will be kept in the Export tab in mod.io):

- Remove the text in Description and Release Notes fields (or make it very short like a sentence)

Again make sure to keep everything as it is in the Export tab in Summary and Description fields as those ones will be correctly displayed in mod.io.

Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any question if I haven't been clear enough!

Woo, thank for this quick answer.

And if it's just that, you save my day. Easy to solve. Thanks !!!

Spread the info, anyone writing too much in the mod-tool will get the problem.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 9, 2021, 10:25:17 AM
Tyor wrote:

Hello! 

As a workaround you can modify the text in the Configuration tab only (so your whole Mod description will be kept in the Export tab in mod.io):

I did that :

and that :

Let's see if it work ok now.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 9, 2021, 10:30:21 AM
Hello,

I've just downloaded your update, no more issue so it should be good now :)

Thanks for the quick fix on your side, the issue will be added to the mods known issue list !
0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 9, 2021, 10:33:36 AM
Tyor wrote:
Hello,

I've just downloaded your update, no more issue so it should be good now :)

Thanks for the quick fix on your side, the issue will be added to the mods known issue list !

Thanks for the test, it help. As players will take time to get the info. 

Now I'm sure they don't have any problem.

I wrote in the description the issue was coming from too much text in description tab. 

So it can help someone else with same problem and spread the info.

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 9, 2021, 11:19:46 AM
lex-kravetski wrote:

Hey hey, it was coming from too much text in description of configuration tab.

This text go after in the game UI. And the game UI isn't a webpage where you can write war & peace. ;-)

Solved now.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 9, 2021, 4:17:19 PM

Hello,

Thanks Enchanteur for the quick fix. I would also include for that UI fix, that unsubscribe and subscribing worked after your update. I let it update (both mods for future reference) and then tried to use them. Same UI problem. Did the un/re subscribe and it worked fine (I realized now that in my first post I should have told you I also did the un/re subscribe before the update.) 

Anyway, thanks for the quick reply and thank you for making this mod.
Cheers.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 9, 2021, 4:34:18 PM
MagoDeOz wrote:

Hello,

Thanks Enchanteur for the quick fix. I would also include for that UI fix, that unsubscribe and subscribing worked after your update. I let it update (both mods for future reference) and then tried to use them. Same UI problem. Did the un/re subscribe and it worked fine (I realized now that in my first post I should have told you I also did the un/re subscribe before the update.) 

Anyway, thanks for the quick reply and thank you for making this mod.
Cheers.

Woo, thank you. I edited the webpage to indicate this!

0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 9, 2021, 5:18:41 PM
Tyor wrote:

Hello! 

Hello could you post a guide about known bugs for mods tools idk if this already exist but had this idea

0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 9, 2021, 6:00:35 PM
Arphenix wrote:

Hello could you post a guide about known bugs for mods tools idk if this already exist but had this idea

Sometimes, when testing : If I go the menu, load the mod then create a new game, I have a UI bug in the city developement.

It write "Missing UI mapper" in red. But it don't create more problems than that.

It happens only when I'm already in the game. If I close the game, start again and load the mod, it's ok.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 9, 2021, 6:08:46 PM
Enchanteur wrote:
Hey hey, it was coming from too much text in description of configuration tab.

Now it is working.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 9, 2021, 7:28:13 PM
lex-kravetski wrote:

Now it is working.

I hope you enjoy it. I have to create a new game for myself.

As you know, for now, mods can't change version for an existing game.

It make it more difficult to test. At any slight change, I have to redo. So my previous game is lost.

Here I play normal speed instead of slow, because I need to know how the mod react in the most used speed.

I don't use industry civ again and go for Nubians (which force me to build a few makers quarters, still) , then if I can probably Celts or another money culture.

As you maybe know, I play slowly and check everything. I need to know how the mod is balanced.

What can seem unbalanced on first look maybe not. 

But what a pleasure, woo. Play the "buy", buy with money or pop, it's so amazingly fun.

As I know well the mechanics, I look how many quarters I have, and If it get me to go under 100% prod because the pop/quarter mecha, I don't use buy with pop... Except in some urgent situations. Hey hey. I get a new city on the front (taken from hostile independant). This city is so bad, bad prod, no pop. But... I can buy !!! So I choose my strategy and buy mostly here. Buy 1 makers quarter. two turn after, because my main city provide me already a lot of money, I buy another one. 

Well... you can say you don't like my mod... but me... I love it !!! It work like I was dreaming and don't dare to think it could be true before starting to mod or even installing the mod-tool.

I hope Amplitude will help with the mod tools, so we can continue a game from the previous version or have more in-game data (like a kind of dev mode).

Then I will have to check if all is ok on the long run, the late game, the balance, etc... And improve it with the help of subscribers liking this style of gameplay. It's maybe what Humankind should be, or not so far. I'm sure there will be balancing issues after the era 4. But I still don't know what yet. I have some ideas of drawback or development nerfs in the pocket. Not sure if I want or can dev them. Will see that later.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 15, 2021, 7:53:09 PM

Hi... I updated the mod. A really big update. Incorporating 4 or 5 others of my mods, and affine formulas.

Since then, I understood so many things, so I did complex calculation on excel sheets, etc.

All this with in my mind a goal, a gameplay style I wanted to make it live.

And now... it live !!!!! Crazy gameplay ! Also more balanced than before.

More balanced, but without nerfing buyouts !! Many playtests games.

Now, I will just play it more, and see how it feel, what happens during late game, etc.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment