Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Help/questions with trying to create an era limit mod

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Nov 11, 2021, 9:29:18 PM

Hi, I had a conundrum regarding modding. I was attempting to create something similar to those mods for Civilization 5 and 6 that limit the era, such as making it impossible to pass the medieval era. During this, the only method I could really come up with is setting an impossible condition to reach the next era. For an example of this, I would set the era goal of the medieval era (which is normally 14 stars) to 22 stars, which is one more than what is possible. Sadly, there appears to be some good programming (this genuinely isn't sarcasm) that was done that corrects the era goal to be reachable, in which the era star requirement to reach the next era is lowered to 21. An example of this is included below.

Would there be any other way to try and mod some sort of system to prevent era progression or am I just kinda stuck till such a thing is done by a more competent person? Sadly, I couldn't implement a workaround like having research be cutoff since the era system determines everything and not technological level. I'm kind of at a roadblock.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 12, 2021, 6:09:30 AM

Check my previous message about Star Costs :

https://www.games2gether.com/amplitude-studios/humankind/forums/178-modding/threads/46662-how-work-era-star-costs?page=1#post-344525

You could try to cheat with this 21 stars limitation. 

Keep it like that, but just make the 3th tech star impossible to reach, by setting more techs to get that what can be done.

And if you understand how work these era costs, say to me.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 13, 2021, 9:34:07 AM

Sadly you don't have (yet ?) access to the EndGameDefinition, I'll try to ask around to see if it would be possible to add them soon™

0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 13, 2021, 10:22:45 PM
DrunkenChoko wrote:

Sadly you don't have (yet ?) access to the EndGameDefinition, I'll try to ask around to see if it would be possible to add them soon™

That sounds great, thanks for responding!

0Send private message
3 years ago
Mar 5, 2022, 10:47:53 AM

Has there been any news on this subject? :)

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
May 28, 2022, 7:54:42 AM

There is currently from what I know, only one mod that does this, and its called Ind Era https://humankind.mod.io/industrialeraonly2 and in its words makes "Contemporary Era research is set to maximum and therefore forbids further development." However, what is frustrating is this mod makes you jump to the industrial era. I am currently trying to see if I could figure out how to recreate this era limit, but have 0.000001 % skills in coding (really just XML editing abilities), so if someone could take the mantle of this, or bump this issue, that would be appreciated...    

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment