Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

I'm hoping to mod specific current in-game events.

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Nov 12, 2021, 10:56:18 PM

Does anyone know how to find specific events in the mod tools and adjust the effects granted by those benefits? I can't seem to find where those would be listed, if they are at all listed in the modding database. 

0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 13, 2021, 1:07:43 AM

I don't know if they're all in there, but they're under "narrative" as far as figuring out which is which you'll have to read through and parse it out by details, as the actual names seem to be hidden behind localization tags. 

0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 13, 2021, 1:27:54 AM

I was afraid of that. The best I can gather is that it’s one of the narrative events set specifically in Era0, but the effects and other aspects regarding most of those events is extremely confusing to me. The event I’m specifically looking to rework is the “A Fresh Start” Neolithic event, which gives you 4 tribes if you lose all of them. 

0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 13, 2021, 9:29:02 AM

Hi ! You can find their "real" data name by looking at the link name on the wiki  here

For example the "real" name of this one : https://humankind-encyclopedia.games2gether.com/en-us/society/game-content/narrative-events/NarrativeEvent_NarrativeEvent_Regular149

is NarrativeEvent_Regular149 .

0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 13, 2021, 10:13:15 AM
DrunkenChoko wrote:

Hi ! You can find their "real" data name by looking at the link name on the wiki  here

For example the "real" name of this one : https://humankind-encyclopedia.games2gether.com/en-us/society/game-content/narrative-events/NarrativeEvent_NarrativeEvent_Regular149

is NarrativeEvent_Regular149 .

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately it’s a bit of a double-edged sword, I think: It let me look through the narrative events more efficiently, but it also confirmed an unfortunate fact that the event I wanted to modify is not actually classified as a “Narrative Event”. The event “A Fresh Start” is not actually a choice event, but rather I suppose just a flavor-text card which plays after you lose all of your tribesmen, thus explaining why the game gave you 4 new tribesmen, your tribe respawned, and isn’t just dead and giving you a loss. Is there any chance you could let me know where I should be looking if I want to modify this function (assume it’s even possible to modify it)?

0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 13, 2021, 7:58:41 PM

I intentionally triggered it and checked the log file and couldn't find any reference to it, but it really seems like it would be a "Simulation Event," which are hidden behind the dll still. You could always just try to look at every existing Narrative Event to see if it's in there, but it might be more trouble than it's worth.

Testing it did get me an achievement though, so thanks. :)

0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 13, 2021, 11:57:06 PM
thethejeff wrote:

I intentionally triggered it and checked the log file and couldn't find any reference to it, but it really seems like it would be a "Simulation Event," which are hidden behind the dll still. You could always just try to look at every existing Narrative Event to see if it's in there, but it might be more trouble than it's worth.

Testing it did get me an achievement though, so thanks. :)

You are officially the second person to accidentally get that achievement in the name of searching for this event (the first person being me).

0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 15, 2021, 8:27:48 AM

Yeah sorry the "Fresh Start" event is not a narrative event, we manually detect and trigger it, so it should not be possible to mod it sadly.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment