Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Anyone played with Enchanteur's 'Districts rebalanced'?

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Nov 22, 2021, 7:49:10 PM

Most likely got the name wrong, but I'm talking about the mod that came out a few days ago (~20/11/2021) made by Enchanteur that sought to rebalance district costs based on his big math calculation.

Problem is, the mod causes my game to lock up. After eliminating or almost eliminating a civilisation, I get a 'attempt to divide by zero' loop that freezes my game. It happened in 2 seperate runs, and when I turned it off for a 3rd run the game ran fine. The log message before the unending divide by zero stack calls of doom is "Can't update distance to capital : no capital yet for this empire." so I wonder if that's related.

Anyone else getting this?

0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 23, 2021, 1:55:33 AM

Hello, I just saw your post by chance.

Yes, any divide per zero can cause a Pending turn bug. I was able to test that in a previous mod.

So, I check the formulas and I found that:

50 + 16 * (DistrictsCount - 1) ^ 1.16 + 4 * (DistrictsCount - 1) ^ 1.16 * (FoodSlots * 4 / PopulationLimit) + BL

Here we get "/ PopulationLimit ", PopulationLimit should never be zero. But I will make sure to add a max operator in this.

I don't know if the bug come from the mod, or there is any weird game effect giving a PopulationLimit = 0.

Anyway for safety, I correct that right now.

Thanks for report.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 23, 2021, 11:11:41 AM
Enchanteur wrote:

Hello, I just saw your post by chance.

Yes, any divide per zero can cause a Pending turn bug. I was able to test that in a previous mod.

So, I check the formulas and I found that:

50 + 16 * (DistrictsCount - 1) ^ 1.16 + 4 * (DistrictsCount - 1) ^ 1.16 * (FoodSlots * 4 / PopulationLimit) + BL

Here we get "/ PopulationLimit ", PopulationLimit should never be zero. But I will make sure to add a max operator in this.

I don't know if the bug come from the mod, or there is any weird game effect giving a PopulationLimit = 0.

Anyway for safety, I correct that right now.

Thanks for report.

<3

0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 23, 2021, 11:55:22 AM

Hi, I got the issue, even with the correction.

So it come from somewhere else... after thinking, it could be "URBAN_TAG". 

I will try to remove the use of this in a way I don't modify this file, even I'm not sure it come from that. Well, I hope it come from that!

It's a bit painfull because it's the kind of bug difficult to produce, it need a full game for testing.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 23, 2021, 1:47:40 PM

OK!!!

This time I'm sure. I made modifications and go for a test with a war and conquest of city.

It work now. I will publish later the new informations about the mod.

Update is done.

I need to work on BuyThis! quick so I can make the correction on this mod too.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 26, 2021, 12:10:08 AM
Enchanteur wrote:

OK!!!

This time I'm sure. I made modifications and go for a test with a war and conquest of city.

Update is done.

I just started a new game, and I think you forgot to take out the test values because my first city makes 500k gold and 50k food :)

Edit: definitely not just me or a mod conflict, some other users are reporting the same on your mod.io page!

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 26, 2021, 2:56:58 AM
sadhukar wrote:
Enchanteur wrote:

OK!!!

Update is done.

I just started a new game, and I think you forgot to take out the test values because my first city makes 500k gold and 50k food :)

Edit: definitely not just me or a mod conflict, some other users are reporting the same on your mod.io page!

I know, but what is crazy: I open the mod tool, I check all, no cheater inside, it was well removed.

I test: all is ok...

So I just build and updated again for safety.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 26, 2021, 7:32:12 PM
Enchanteur wrote:
sadhukar wrote:
Enchanteur wrote:

OK!!!

Update is done.

I know, but what is crazy: I open the mod tool, I check all, no cheater inside, it was well removed.

Still having this issue

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/1850412766165064506/C9E9F76CBE2EF61679842F6FB858E79F9CECE45F/?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false

0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 27, 2021, 2:12:54 AM
sadhukar wrote:
Enchanteur wrote:
sadhukar wrote:
Enchanteur wrote:

OK!!!

Update is done.

Still having this issue

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/1850412766165064506/C9E9F76CBE2EF61679842F6FB858E79F9CECE45F/?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false

That's crazy. How can this happen ?!! The mod was updated, so anyway, I uploaded a version without that.

Have you tried to clean and download again ?

See here: https://www.games2gether.com/amplitude-studios/humankind/forums/215-bug-reports/threads/46863-messy-mods-folders?page=1#post-345663

EDIT: I cleaned all the folders (deleting the mod, number 1523704), download (automatic) the on-line version. Tested, no cheat on it.

Also, I made a Cheat mod, then I will use that for future tests instead of use a inside mod cheat.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment