Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Need help making simple mod that changes stats

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Dec 24, 2021, 12:42:51 AM

I'm pretty new to modding in general and wanted to try something simple. I wanted to try and increase the combat strength stat of the tribe at the beginning of the game. And maybe also increase the movement to something crazy like 10 or 20. Just something to show that I could edit it. But I have no idea how to do this. I can' seem to find any documentation on the modding tools from Steam and am feeling completely loss. I think I have to change something in the descriptor file, but every time I do no changes happen in game.

Any tips would be very appreciated.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Dec 24, 2021, 4:29:14 AM

It sounds like you're nearly there. You need to open the unit's descriptor file and edit its LandCombatStrength and LandSpeed values. For the Tribesmen, the current combat strength is 10, but if you want it to be 12 or whatever, just write that number in the LandCombatStrength field. The default Tribesmen descriptor file doesn't have a LandSpeed field, because it just uses the default value for land units, 4. If you want to increase the movement points, add a new property effect, choose LandSpeed from the dropdown list, and then enter a value in the field. The value you enter here will be added to the base LandSpeed value of 4, so if you want the Tribesmen to have 10 movement, enter 6 as the LandSpeed value here.

Here's a screenshot of the Tribesmen descriptor file after I added a bonus 2 movement. The red box is the combat strength field, and the blue box is the added LandSpeed field.

Then the last step is to click Build and Run in the Export tab. This will construct your mod and then launch the game with it already enabled. All you have to do is start a game, and your Tribesmen should have all the bonuses you wanted.

I hope this helped!

0Send private message
3 years ago
Dec 24, 2021, 10:57:11 AM

Thanks for everything! This worked perfectly. Also one other thing I forgot to do was hit the apply button in the mod selection screen ingame. No wonder it didn't work before lol. Thanks again.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment