Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

More Information Panels

Copied to clipboard!
4 years ago
Oct 24, 2020, 6:03:33 PM

I've played the beta 3 times, I've also encountered the unclear tool tips as discussed in another thread, I'll not repeat them. In fact I think this is a fantastic game, and I've prepurchaed it. So I'll focus on potential improvement here.

First, since stability is a bit thing, I want a panel to see all the cities's stability levels. Currently, in the cities panel, only FIMS is listed, stability, influence and faith are not. But I always got surprised to know when my city is suffering low stability, since I can't monitor it efficiently. 

Second, inlfuence and faith are listed in city view as a summary of this city, but I can't tell from which tile they are produced, I completely have no idea how many faith producing extensions I have put down, or how much influence is generated by anything.

Third, the limit on population and quarters are not hard limits, the tooltip does not mention what does the limit mean, because obviously I can build much more quarters than the limit suggests. 

Fourth, the civic points. The speed at which civic points are earned is based on the overall stability number, but the tooltip only shows vaguely "Undercontrol", unless I hover on it. It's also not clear which stability level translate to how much the speed to earn civic points. 

When a civic point is earned, there is just a notification, but I'd rather have a number on the civic wheel so that I don't waste an idle point.

Fifth, trade. Selling your own resources is quite passive, I'm ok with this mechanic, since I don't want to click again and again just to sell some luxury. But the problem is there is not tooltip telling me who is buying from me, how much I'm making from each trading, which of my luxury are sold, which are not, I don't know if I should buy from the AI to resell(Nubians ability) because I don't know the demand.

These are things players need to better understand the playrhrough, hopefully some will get improved towards release. Looking forward to the full game!

0Send private message
4 years ago
Oct 24, 2020, 8:08:56 PM

I pretty much agree with everything you just said.

This is the number one game I’m looking forward to right now, but the UI is seriously lacking, IMHO.

I’d also like to add, why is the tech tree the only place your total science per turn is listed?  This is something I look at all the time when I play 4x games.  It’s really annoying to me that it’s locked behind a menu.

I feel like the best UI I’ve ever seen in a 4x game is in the Civilization 5 mod, “Enhanced user interface.”  I’d really love it if they’d take some things from that, such as the production panel in cities, or the ability to see what resources your opponents have, just by hovering over their banner, rather than having to click on them and go to the trade screen.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment